Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #71 
Bombalurina

RIP Medea. :( She wasn't the most beautiful betta in my tank, but she was still pretty and she was a such a little punk. :) I'm going to miss her gorgeous, ugly face demanding food every time I walk past the tank. I tried to save her, but it didn't work. All my bettas seem to die the same way. No a nice way to go. :(

Bye bye, baby girl.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #72 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I'm so sorry. :(
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #73 
Bombalurina

Thanks Maisy. :)

Well, went into the vet to dicuss potentially neutering Darcy, and she agreed it should be done. She offered to do it chemically (only under anaesthetic for a minute, no slicing and no stitches) right there and then, so we said ok, and now I have a chemically neutered rat! He was a bit groggy from the anaesthetic, but now he is fine and happy. Hopefully it will kick in over the next 4-6 weeks and we will have a peaceful cage. Really, this lady is the best rat vet ever. My boys are so content with her.

Hyde has gone back into the main cage now, much to his joy. He is snuggled in a too-small nest box with his brother.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #74 
Shirleythebetta

hmmm, yea thats a rough situation.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #75 
Shirleythebetta

The childcare place that is. I forgot to quote the message I was refering too. :)
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #76 
Bombalurina

Hmmm...any other ladies just hate that time of the month? My tummy hurts way too much to get up and go to my chiropractor this morning so I had to call and cancel.

Urgh, water changes. What with Medea, Darcy and Hyde, I've been lazy this week *again* and it's been 8 days *again* since my last water change. I hate my silly self sometimes.

Today I plan to finish draft one of my Litigation case note (due Thursday...this semester has made me the Queen of last minute) and in the afternoon clean the fish. If the pain abates I will also head into town and try and find some shoes and some winter clothes, because although I am well equipped for summer I have very few winter tops.

My friends came over last night and played Risk Legacy. I won! :D I started out in South Africa, took the continent, smashed my way into South America, and then realised my boyfriend would win in one more turn, so I turned around, sold my soul for more troops, broke through his Asian defences up to Vladivostok and wiped out my other friend there, then took his base in Alaska and won myself. :D Go me.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #77 
Bombalurina

Well, turns out that my casenote is actually due 4pm today. No shopping for me til then.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #78 
Bombalurina

Well, I managed to get my casenote from zero to hero in a relatively short time and had it in before it was due. Whether I pass is entirely another matter.

Went to the local fish society last night and I so nearly bought my new Medea! She was a purple/red giant halfmoon and I didn't buy her! Grr at me. But my tank is overstocked, so it's just as well. I got some new subbwassertang, but I've now dismantled my shrimp tank so it has all gone in with Odysseus. It has made a jelly carpet.

Both my crystal shrimps have died due to my negligence over the past week. :( I couldn't find the body of one, but I fed the body I did find to Circe. My goodness, she gobbled it down. No wonder she is a ball with a tail.

I have no vegan cookies or yoghurt left, so I must make/buy some more.

After handing my assignment in I had coffee with a friend (soy latte = amazingly tasty) then went to Rivers, which had a sale on, and got some very cute shoes. http://www.rivers.com.au/catalogdb/b...S=23&G=2womens They are extremely comfortable and very supportive, plus they slip on. They look nice with jeans. :)

This morning I have cleaned the sorority and Odysseus's tank and dismantled the shrimp tank (partially). Odysseus also got the hornwort from that tank.
I pulled a 7ft anacharis out of the sorority tank and trimmed my ludwigia back from 2.5ft to 18in.

Next up: clean the rats, finish cleaning Medea's hospital tank, go shopping, visit sick friend.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #79 
Bombalurina

Well, I cleaned the rats. The rest didn't happen.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #80 
Bombalurina

I want this fish (without the eye problem): http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1334762332 in this colour: http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1334767817. The first one has amazing form, the second is my favourite colour. :D

Time to watch Buffy.