Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #1 
clynne

Sick Betta

I have 2 10 gallon tanks, both have filters, heaters, & live plants, as well as a couple ornaments that provide hiding places. Last thursday I purchased two spotted cory's (one for each tank). By friday night my catfish in tank #1 was dead & my betta's tail looked like it was getting nipped. Saturday morning the catfish in tank #2 was missing, literally no where to be found. Saturday afternoon my betta in tank #1 had a white spot by its mouth and his tails were turning black. Later that day my betta took a turn for the worse and i quarantined him after reading on here that I should do that. Sunday morning my betta was dead & the Betta in tank #2 had a white spot on its head, the catfish also turned up dead. I have my second betta quarantined & for the past two days he will not eat. The white spot has gotten a lot bigger and now parts of his tails look funny, they aren't rotting away, but they almost look like they have growths on them. I have been treating the water with something called Betta Revive and its supposed to treat for bacterial or fungal illnesses, but I see no improvement. Any suggestions? I really do not want to lose this betta after just losing my other one.
clynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #2 
clynne

also none of the other fish were affected & the other two catfish I have are fine.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

I suggest raising the temperature to at least 82 and doing daily 25% water changes. I also suggest reposting this in the disease section - the people who hang around there have a lot of experience in this sort of thing. :)

For future reference - cories need to be in groups of at least 4.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #4 
clynne

I did post in disease section & last I checked no replies :(