Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #1 
toad

Smile How to Fake a French Manicure

I feel like my life is finally coming together, and I'm finally on top of things. I'm only 21, but it's taken until now for me to feel at peace with who I am, and figure out where I'm going; it's taken me this long to stop being afraid of, well, everything. Of course, having my furred and scaly babies to accompany me through all these epiphanies is a great comfort. In fact, my dog has literally saved my life, more than once.

I'm out on my own, in school and working full time. And, only now do I finally feel safe.

Almost all of the little pieces of my soul have fallen right into place, and I'm finally able to forgive, forget and let go of all the things I wish had never happened.

Goodbye, crippling depression! I'm all done you.

Now, off to find another place to volunteer, because the "warm n fuzzies" I get from the animal shelter isn't getting me through the whole week!

<3 let. love. in.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #2 
lvandert

amen sister! I could use some of that right now. The world is trying to beat me down because I was on top of things. But I'm fighting tooth and nail to stay on top.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #3 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
amen sister! I could use some of that right now. The world is trying to beat me down because I was on top of things. But I'm fighting tooth and nail to stay on top.
Just keep swimming, my dear Everything will be okay!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #4 
lvandert

Oh I am. I'm swimming while hugging my bunny, bird and bf close lol.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
I feel like my life is finally coming together, and I'm finally on top of things. I'm only 21, but it's taken until now for me to feel at peace with who I am, and figure out where I'm going; it's taken me this long to stop being afraid of, well, everything. Of course, having my furred and scaly babies to accompany me through all these epiphanies is a great comfort. In fact, my dog has literally saved my life, more than once.

I'm out on my own, in school and working full time. And, only now do I finally feel safe.

Almost all of the little pieces of my soul have fallen right into place, and I'm finally able to forgive, forget and let go of all the things I wish had never happened.

Now, off to find another place to volunteer, because the "warm n fuzzies" I get from the animal shelter isn't getting me through the whole week!

<3 let. love. in.
You go girl!! Kudos to you for leaving bad things behind and moving on.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 AM   #6 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
You go girl!! Kudos to you for leaving bad things behind and moving on.
Thank you love!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #7 
toad

Talking Dolla Dolla Bills, y'all.

I do so love it when my darling pharmacy patrons pay me in crumpled, moist $1 bills . To be honest, I hate cash altogether and don't carry any, with the exception of random small bills that I keep in my purse in case I meet a random homeless person who needs them; I am convinced that all the $1 bills have found their way into some unsavory places, and when they're wet, it's all I can do not to throw up in my cash drawer.

On another note, I found this ah-freakin-mazing looking recipe for Vegan (!) Chocolate Chai Tea Cupcakes.

I cannot wait to make these things --> http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/...weve-ever-seen

I'm not a vegan, but I try to eat as few animal products as possible. Someday, I tell myself - someday I'll be a chic city dwelling Vegan. For today, however, I'm residing in these backwoods, and doing my part to annoy the customer service departments of companies like Wally World (as of today, I believe I have complained about the same betta cups at least 4 times).

My new little rescue guy is doing awesome! I'm so excited about this He's unclamping himself and letting me see how pretty his little tattered fins are. He's also super friendly and comes over to see me anytime I go to check on him. He still needs a name; I was torn between Calvin and DaVinci, but then my little brother suggested Percy, which I also like I believe that if the ammonia didn't burn/choke him to death, he would have developed fin rot, if I had left him in Wally World's forgotten back corner. One of those cute little fins on his belly, the ones that look like streamers (pelvic fins?), is shorter than the other and raggedy looking. Now, if I can just figure out how make this heater work so he doesn't get cold and sick(er)... *shivers*

As for my other scaly babies, they are doing wonderfully. Rosco has the cutest flare, with this little ruffle around his face; he reminds me of those dinosaurs from Jurassic Park... And, I seriously wish I could take Howie out of his tank sometimes and hug him. After swearing that I was not going to spend any more money, I went to Petco and ended up buying a java fern and an anubia, which I put in Howie's 10 gallon (the other boys already have real plants, Howie's were all plastic). I left the java fern floating, which Howie seems to like, and I nestled the anubia into the fake drift wood. I'm really determined not to kill any more plants (#florachallenged).

<3
Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you're rescue guy is doing well. All he needed was some clean water and some tlc :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #9 
TigerRegalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post

<3 let. love. in.
Congratulations!! What an incredible feeling to have, as certainly a great weight has been lifted off your soul. Your post caught my eye because I have finally reached this stage of my life as well, and I am 24 (almost 25). I have been in counseling now for almost 1 full calendar year, and I can finally say that I am at ease with who I am and with where I am going. I, too, have struggled with depression my entire life, and although it has taken me this long to start to let go of everything that I wish had never happened to me, I am so glad that that process has finally been instigated.

Congrats again!
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #10 
toad

Thanks, DQ!

Tiger, thank you so much; I am so glad you have found peace and comfort in your life and that everything is falling into place for you!