Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #61 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Rosie eats better than I do, haha. Sounds like a nice healthy meal.
She eats better then me too XD
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #62 
copperarabian

Yesterday was my birthday, and being that I need things for Rosie that I can't buy myself guess what I put on my wishlist XD you guessed it, Rosie stuff lol

My dad and step mom gave me a $50 gift card for a bird store where I bought a awesome bird toy, and some treats that Rosie likes. 2

I wanted a perch for Rosie so I can stop making her use the kitchen chairs, my mom and step dad went searching all over the day of my Birthday looking for a perch lol Eventually they went by the bird show and got a tall PVC pipe T stand with 2 interchangeable perches and food/water bowels. One perch is a wooden dowel and the other is a textured plastic perch. I plan to either change the dowel to a natural wood or sand in different widths so it's a more natural shape. My parents also picked up a cool little trick toy I can teach Rosie, she has to put hoops on a post and a wooden toy.

The next day my mom also ordered me the aviator harness, I can't wait to start using that :D It's way less bulky so Rosie should like it more.

And lastly, although this isn't about Rosie, I asked my mom if we could redo our little 30-40g pond in the backyard so we went by the nursery and bought a waterlily, water iris, some grassy plant with tiny white puffballs, and 2 water hyacinth. I was going to put 1 hyacinth in my aquarium but I read it needs a ton of light so I think I'll move it to the pond.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #63 
Sakura8

Ohmigosh, I missed your birthday! Happy late birthday, Ashley! I hope it was a super happy one (although, judging from your post, it was). Rosie made out like a bandit for your birthday. All her new cool things. ;) Didn't you get anything for yourself?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:35 PM   #64 
copperarabian

My brother did get me the girl with the dragon tattoo and Ip man, and my sister made me this awesome scarf. Also Ksie is giving me giving me a deviant art premium membership for year.

I thought about asking for other stuff, but when I thought about it I really didn't want anything other then a macro lens and that can wait. My mom did say that I can spend $100 on whatever I want and that's included in my Bday.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #65 
Sakura8

Sweet. :) I'm glad you got a few things for yourself but knowing you, you're happiest when your pets are happy. :D
Old 04-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #66 
copperarabian

Yeah, getting her stuff is pretty much getting me stuff too lol
Old 04-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #67 
Sakura8

:D That's how I feel when I get fish things as gifts nowadays.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #68 
copperarabian

A couple of weeks ago I ran into someone from the humane society and talked for a while about Rosie and his Galah. I told him how to block a large cockatoos bite and some other random parrot info and he asked if I wanted to do a parrot blog for the local humane society. He hadn't called me so I thought it wasn't going to happen. Today he called me though, and I am going to get to do a parrot blog for them :) I'm so excited, I've actually been wanting to do some sort of volunteer work for them and with this I'll be able to help a lot of aprrot owners :)
Old 04-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #69 
Sakura8

I always said you should write a book on bird care and this is a great start to that! Give us the link when you get it up. Even though I don't have a parrot, I'd love to read it. :)
Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #70 
Luimeril

i reblog enough of Rosie's pictures on Tumblr that her blog is on my 'crush list'... and i'm in the Galah tag, and someone recognized her on my 'crush list'. xD

Rosie and all your pictures have perked my interest in this beautiful parrot. don't know if it's the right one for me, but i do adore them. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote