Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #71 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
i reblog enough of Rosie's pictures on Tumblr that her blog is on my 'crush list'... and i'm in the Galah tag, and someone recognized her on my 'crush list'. xD

Rosie and all your pictures have perked my interest in this beautiful parrot. don't know if it's the right one for me, but i do adore them. :3
I'm so happy you like her photos, I have a lot of fun photographing her :)
I think that may of been me lol I didn't even know what a crush list was until I saw that lol I really need to get my queue going again on my Galah tumblr, I plan to start doing flying exercises again with her next week so I'll hopefully get some good action shots. I also have a bunch I need to do minor edits to so I can post them but I've been a little busy.

O.O

I also really need to get the queue backed up on my copper bettas tumblr, hopefully the IBC show will help with that although the lighting will most likely suck. I'll see if Rocky will let me photograph her fish as well. Either way I'm excited :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:24 AM   #72 
copperarabian

I decided to start flying exercises again with Rosie today. I had her fly to a chair 5 times before stopping. She has a lot more lift now so she completely missed the chair and did a U-turn 3 times. The last time she panicked a little and flew halfway up the stairs after failing to land on the rail. poor girl was huffing and puffing. I need to find a large room like a ballroom that she can learn to fly without worrying about the end of the room.

I was able to get one photo with her in the frame. I put the camera on timer and sometimes I might get a shot.

Also, here she is on her new perch. I love to let her sit their while I'm doing art, or watching a movie. It's nice not needing to worry about her getting hungry and even more important thirsty. Hunger is pretty easy to tell because I can feel her crop, but I always worry about her feeling thirsty lol.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #73 
Sakura8

She looks so proud and happy on her new perch. "Whee! It's so cool my Ashley had a birthday so I got some new things." :D
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #74 
copperarabian

The last few days Rosie has learned she can attempt to fly after me when I leave the room, she tends to only do it when I leave and there are other people in the room. She'll fly and land somewhere on the floor and try to run after me XD

She's also been randomly flying more often when I walk around with her, but because I've already made it a habit to hold her feet she usually doesn't go anywhere. Also, randomly flying doesn't mean she just takes flight spontantiusly, I can tell when she's going to do it, usually it's something in the room that is making her uneasy, a shadow from outside, or many other things that I don't notice myself. One of the times she did get flight she flew halfway round the room and I was able to stick my arm in front of her to land on.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #75 
Sakura8

Rosie is getting brave in her flight attempts. It sounds so cute though that she'll fly after you and try to follow. She really loves you, Ashley. :D

And I'm glad she didn't miss the feathers you gave me. ;)
Old 05-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #76 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Rosie is getting brave in her flight attempts. It sounds so cute though that she'll fly after you and try to follow. She really loves you, Ashley. :D

And I'm glad she didn't miss the feathers you gave me. ;)
She is getting a brave :D
If you ever want some more pink and gray body feathers let me know, I save as many as I can and keep them in a container.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #77 
Sakura8

:D Thanks for the offer, Ashley and Rosie.

Haha, you could make your own youtube channel of Rosie videos. I'd watch.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #78 
copperarabian

It’s a little funny, but Rosie and my cocker spaniel Remmie are both afraid of one another. The other day Remmie was started to get more relaxed around Rosie and came closer, but she raised her crest and spread her wings then screamed at him and for two days he ran away whenever he saw me carrying her. I’ve tried to get them more used to one another, the little dogs and Rosie are fine together. I can only imagine how Remmie must feel to be so afraid yet watch the little dogs be fine with being near her.

Today I took Rosie with me into my parents room, Remmie was sleeping on the bed and after a few seconds Rosie flew from my hand to my shoulder, then proceeded to leap off my shoulder to fly out the door and down the hallway then through my door and land on my dresser where I found her breathing heavily. I put her on her cage after she caught her breath and she purred happily to me as I pet her. Although this was caused by Remmie being to close, I’m glad she is gaining more confidence in her flying ability because before she would of flown to the floor.

This is also another reminder of how careful I need to be with her so I don’t ever loose her to household dangers and open doors. I’m also very happy I have her harness.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #79 
Sakura8

Wow. She's definitely gotten much better at flying. Although, it's amazing what fear does as a motivator. Poor Rosie and Remmie.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #80 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Wow. She's definitely gotten much better at flying. Although, it's amazing what fear does as a motivator. Poor Rosie and Remmie.
I feel so bad for them, luckily it comes and goes in waves. If Remmie gets very close to Rosie(usually if I have food and he wants it) she will get defensive whihc then makes Remmie realize she's very scary. It originated when she once nipped his nose(no blood though, she's not a hard biter) and then my sister's dog once ran into my room and tried to attack Rosie which made her afraid of larger dogs. A endless cycle.

Today Rosie went to fly to her perch but was way to high, she panicked a little then turned around and flew back towards me and she was able to land with one foot on each of my hands I held up for her.