Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2012, 02:04 AM   #81 
Sakura8

Such a nimble girl. You're her safe spot, where she goes when she doesn't where else to go. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #82 
copperarabian

Rosie flying to her cage from my hand

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #83 
copperarabian

I just noticed her wings look clipped because of the angle. Here's a photo showing her flight feathers, slowly coming back. With those 4 feathers though she is fully able to fly.

Last edited by copperarabian; 06-21-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:38 AM   #84 
Sakura8

Such a stunning sight, seeing her in flight like that. :)
Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #85 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Such a stunning sight, seeing her in flight like that. :)
I love it too, without my camera I would of missed it because she's so fast.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #86 
Sakura8

We need video of this!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #87 
copperarabian

Your totally right, I've been meaning to make a updated video of her flying anyway. Just need to borrow a video camera XD
Old 06-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #88 
Sakura8

LOL. I'm about ready to get one and send it to you just cause I want video. :D
Old 06-27-2012, 04:28 AM   #89 
copperarabian

The other day I removed the shredded paper from a foraging box, carefully filled it back in with 2 types of pellets(totally organic and lafeaber's pellets), pumpkin seeds, a couple raisins, a walnut broken into several pieces, and 2 lafeaber's nutri-berrys. I was very excited to see how Rosie responded, and when she finds out things she likes are hidden within. Instead, she very carefully picks it up and walks to the side of the play top where dances with it some then throws it on the floor. I pick it up and put it back and she does it again but faster this time. She loves playing fetch with me.

When I'm out of town and her cage is my mom's room she will stare at my mom, and one by one throw all her fruit/veggies on the floor. She also does this with her toys. My mom complains how she always stares at her as she's doing it to make sure my mom is watching lol
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #90 
copperarabian

"They are a truly striking bird. I can take all kinds of birds with me anywhere and get a few looks and questions, but take a Rosie and everyone will stop to see!"

I found this on a parrot breeders page. It takes about twice as long to go anywhere when I have Rosie with me lol. It's kinda funny though, I often ignore people when they comment on Rosie unless they outright ask to see her or try to get my attention.

Now lets do a 180 turn, if Rosie is excited about someone I don't care how long they take at all, unless they're little kids who try to touch her without asking. I don't let very many people touch her because of germs, unless she's really showing off and wants to be touched. I've found that small kids are the most likely to just reach out and touch her, when they do that I pull her away and tell them that birds can bite and they always need to ask before touching and don't let them touch her. I let them watch her dance though, people always love she does that :)

Here's a list of places I've brought Rosie

Petco
Petsmart
cos plus world market
Target
Walmart
Best Buy
The Mall(only twice, too crowded)
For Other Living Things
Micheal arts & crafts
Aaron Brothers
Game Stop

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Some of the places I'm not supposed to take her, like target and walmart because they carry food, but I stay well away from the food section. I'm not too worried though, the worst that can happen is they tell me I have to leave. The manager of Cos plus said it's fine if I bring Rosie to the store, that surprised me. It's also funny that every time I go to cos plus someone thinks Rosie is a fake bird.

Now if only I can get people to stop thinking she's a African Gray, that's the most common question I'm asked. African grays are much more stocky with a very short tail and rounder shorter wings while the Galah has long hawk-like wings and a long tail.
They also have a larger head and much bigger beak then a Galah. When sitting the Galahs tail sometimes appears shorter then it is because they have longer wings. In both sitting photos their primary's end around the same place on the tail, the African gray has a short tail with short wings, and the galah has a long tail and long wings.