Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

haha I know right =D Shaggy loves to cuddle.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #12 
FishyFishy89

If you ever have questions about caring for you piggies this is the BEST site ;)
http://jackiesguineapiggies.com/
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #13 
Sena Hansler

hey!! didn't I find her when looking up guinea sounds? :o I've reaaranged the room again because it is tiring to change an entire room x.x But, everyone has the space they need =D plus lovin's, food, and all that good stuff I like that site because it doesn't say "you are bad for not having a larger cage blah blah" it says "hey, got a small cage? let them have more exercise!" which is a good approach

ANYONE ELSE READY FOR SPRING???!!! =D cannot wait for that snow pile to melt and be gone - guineas play outside WOOT!!!

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 03-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #14 
FishyFishy89

awesome :)

The father just called me not to long ago and said Piggy isn't using one of his hind legs. Kind of concerns me a bit.
I had asked if he would bring him to his vet and he seemed to have displayed an "unwanting" desire to take him.
Examining fee is only $50. I may end up bringing him in just in case. They said they've been giving him his Vitamin C daily. Nothing has really changed as far as food and diet for him.
I was going to give the little girl the weekend to spend with him. But now that this as arise I want him home now and want to examine him with my own eyes.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

I agree :o what owner doesn't "want" to take their pet to a vet? -.- geesh. Now that I am familiar with the signs of scurvy, I know it's what the little Squeak has. That and she is fat o_O sorry, but she is. Shaggy weighs 2.5 pounds, she weighs a little less, but is chubby
Old 03-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #16 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I agree :o what owner doesn't "want" to take their pet to a vet? -.- geesh. Now that I am familiar with the signs of scurvy, I know it's what the little Squeak has. That and she is fat o_O sorry, but she is. Shaggy weighs 2.5 pounds, she weighs a little less, but is chubby
If they have been keeping up on his Vit C like they say (my instincts trust them) then he wouldn't have Scurvy. I maybe upping his C over the course of a few days.
The father and mother said this seems to have just happened today. They came from from picking up the kids from school and saw that he wasn't using his leg. The mother seems to be pretty interactive with him and she told me his leg doesn't feel any different and he isn't showing signs of "DONT TOUCH THAT!"
So I just PRAY that he either jumped the wrong way or ran with his leg the wrong way and accidentally mildly hurt himself. I feel bad for the little girl, I heard her crying in the back ground as I was giving directions to my home.
I am considering when Piggy feels better I'll let them visit and play with him. Just for the little girl. I know Piggy made an imprint on her.....just like he made an imprint on everyone that meets him.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

Aww!
poor kid :(

well, we found out Ginger began limping and hopping again. She shrieked when she was picked up - exrays showed no bone damage - even with severe scurvy there was little to no change (happily) so it was an old muscle damage, we are thinking. But hey, she is 2.5. What'll suck is Panda'll die of depression when she goes, because we tried having it so I kept Panda and my friend had Ginger and Panda became SO depressed. even with her buddy Honey around. She actually attacked Honey, chattered at me...and this is a guinea that has never been mean :o

So, all in all, bad care = Ginger's pain = my burden = Panda's sadness :/ poor babies. Some people just...cannot own pets. I felt bad for Ginger lol. Im glad my friend loves her!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #18 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Aww!
poor kid :(

well, we found out Ginger began limping and hopping again. She shrieked when she was picked up - exrays showed no bone damage - even with severe scurvy there was little to no change (happily) so it was an old muscle damage, we are thinking. But hey, she is 2.5. What'll suck is Panda'll die of depression when she goes, because we tried having it so I kept Panda and my friend had Ginger and Panda became SO depressed. even with her buddy Honey around. She actually attacked Honey, chattered at me...and this is a guinea that has never been mean :o

So, all in all, bad care = Ginger's pain = my burden = Panda's sadness :/ poor babies. Some people just...cannot own pets. I felt bad for Ginger lol. Im glad my friend loves her!
awh
poor baby :'(
I'm starting to get really upset about Piggy.
I won't know for sure until I see him.
It is possible added weight can reduce the use of his legs. It could also be a sprain. I won't know until I see him, up his C, and give him 3 days to improve. My vet is filled up all weekend so I won't be able to get him in until Monday. I asked them to reserve a time for me.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #19 
Sena Hansler

Well better to check then, then never, right? Shaggy doesn't seemed phased with the fact he may have cataracs (or hay poke) so it's whenever I can basically, to get him in. It's not an "immediate" need. He also needs a nail trimming. It's too hard with black nails I wince every time and he doesn't like my feeling of being nervous LOL
Old 03-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #20 
FishyFishy89

I imagine he doesn't
I just it piggy settled in and I checked his leg.
Rubbed it. Pulpated it and moved it around. He didn't complain or cry out.
He's chilling at home right now :)