Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #71 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea.. I kinda just want to go so she can hopefully see some more puppies in her life. Maybe friendlier, non giant ones that won't terrify her :D
Would it be good to take her somewhere with loads of people? Like that class, downtown, or would it overwhelm her and make the fear worse? :/
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #72 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Yea.. I kinda just want to go so she can hopefully see some more puppies in her life. Maybe friendlier, non giant ones that won't terrify her :D
Would it be good to take her somewhere with loads of people? Like that class, downtown, or would it overwhelm her and make the fear worse? :/
I would recommend calling a trainer Maybe getting her into a socialization class with knowledgeable trainers in a controlled environment.

I would also suggest having people come over, and when they walk in the door to have dog cookies waiting for them to give to her. To show that people bring good stuff! Worked wonders on my human aggressive boy
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:04 PM   #73 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I would get a trainer if I could afford it. I'm 17 and currently jobless, my parets don't want to "waste money" on that stuff :(
I've been reading as much as I can online :/
I'll try that cookie stuff tho!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #74 
JBosley

Quote:
I would get a trainer if I could afford it. I'm 17 and currently jobless, my parets don't want to "waste money" on that stuff :(
I've been reading as much as I can online :/
I'll try that cookie stuff tho!
Then I would try and get a friend with a friendly dog to come over You just dont want to over whelm her or have her have a bad experience!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #75 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Mm my best friend has a crazy boxer pup and she was terrified. I need to find some old dogs. :D
Old 03-20-2012, 10:01 PM   #76 
registereduser

Where is the breeder input in all of this? If she came from a good reputable breeder they should be helping you out here! If she came from a backyard breeder then you're SOL in that regard.

Also, I agree with whoever mentioned a vet visit may be in order to rule out UTI.

Best wishes!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #77 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I dno where my dad got her- not registered. Her parents were live stock guardians for sheep and horses o-o
Old 03-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #78 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Mm my best friend has a crazy boxer pup and she was terrified. I need to find some old dogs. :D
if i lived close to you and my old chill-ax golden was still alive i totally wouldn't mind helping you :)
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #79 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

My neighbor has an old weenie dog (by old I mean 6.. and his face is all grey.. he aged a lot), but he's recovering from some sort of liver problem so I don't really want to introduce them.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:08 AM   #80 
Hanky

Quote:
Haha yes!
We are doing good btw. She still bites our dog like crazy, our old doggie just rolls over for her..
She's terrified of everyone, I've been getting her out in public a lot but it's going really slow. She'll sniff people at least, but other dogs scare her so much! :(
We're checking out a free pet smart orientation puppy class this saturday hopefully.
Well this has been one of the most exciting posts I've followed in a while, haha, all the tension and stuff.

She still having those peeing issues? Have you pretty much ruled out bladder issues? I only ask again about this because we have a Sheltie which is prone to UTI's and when she gets them she has a totol different temperment almost like she knows shes sick and is mean about it.
sounds like your getting her out and about which is good, she needs to get acclimated with the outside world and people. You might want to just take her to Petsmart when you can to get used to the people and dogs. It can be a good place for that without overwhelming her with alot of dogs at once.
Just wondering to about her biting, does she do it in a nasty way or is she just tring to play with the other dog?
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote