Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #11 
Fin2you

Yep I got my 1st 2 cory's on Friday last week along with a Spixi snail & everyone was getting along fine, even eatting together. Then Monday a friend was at the store & offered to pick me up more as everyone recommended min. 5 or 6. 1 right from release was swimming with tail crooked, it's the 1 that died within a couple hrs. the pet store offered me a refund on that one. Then ya from Mon afternoon-today late afternoon everyone seemed fine, sometimes the 4 of them were together, sometimes paired off othertimes they were all on opposite sides of the tank....
Fin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #12 
Fin2you

ok so this morning "scardy-cat" came out from the plant when I fed, he ate a bit then he bolted right back for the hiding spot.... would adding a few more cory's make this 1 feel more comfortable? Or does he just need some time?
Old 03-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #13 
Fin2you

Update; pre-treatment (today would have been day 3 of a 4day treatment) ammonia test levels were all the way up to 2.0. I blew my top it should have been down to .25-.50 I went into my local Pet Planet store & said HELP, the spike is going up not down. after a long discussion they recommended switching water conditioners as they agreed with my suspision that the Tetra EasyBalance was the problem. They recommended API's TapWater Conditioner or their Stress Coat+. Infact the owner who's kept fish her entire life suggested using them together today and then just the conditioner tomorrow with day 4 of the tank buster spike fixer.
While I was changing the water all 4 cory's were swimming together, & afterwords Scaredy-cat didn't go hide in the plant.
after an 80-85% (couldn't go more b/c 1 of my plants would have collapsed completely over the tank on the fish~I know it's overkill for this tank but my betta loves it, it's his sleeping spot!) the ammonia test reading was between .25 & .50 (couldn't tell which parameter it really was), nitrates & pH 0