Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #1 
BettaLover223
Member
 
BettaLover223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Changing colors

Is it okay if my blue halfmoon betta is turning white on his top fin? I just noticed that today. He does have a white face, he was like that when I bought him.
BettaLover223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #2 
MaisyDawgThirteen
Member
 
MaisyDawgThirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
I think you may have a marbler on your hands! :D Marblers change colours over time. Pics please!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #3 
BettaLover223
Member
 
BettaLover223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
I think you may have a marbler on your hands! :D Marblers change colours over time. Pics please!

I don't think he's a marble because he's solid blue all over except his face and starting to white out on top. I mean it doesn't look like a fungus or anything, but its concerning.
BettaLover223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #4 
MaisyDawgThirteen
Member
 
MaisyDawgThirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Could you take a picture? That would help to see whether it is a disease or marbling.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #5 
BettaLover223
Member
 
BettaLover223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
Could you take a picture? That would help to see whether it is a disease or marbling.
I tried....my ipod takes really bad photos i apologize
Attached Images
 
BettaLover223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #6 
MaisyDawgThirteen
Member
 
MaisyDawgThirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover223 View Post
I tried....my ipod takes really bad photos i apologize
His top fin looks like it has fin-rot. Not too sure about the white spot . . . Has his behaviour changed at all?
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #7 
BettaLover223
Member
 
BettaLover223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
His top fin looks like it has fin-rot. Not too sure about the white spot . . . Has his behaviour changed at all?
Nope. He is changing colors though, but since I've had him he hasn't eaten or tried to eat
BettaLover223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #8 
MaisyDawgThirteen
Member
 
MaisyDawgThirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Could you take another picture, just to see the progress? How long have you had him? It's normal for the first few days up to two weeks for them to be nervous to eat. But after that it can be a sign of illness.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #9 
BettaLover223
Member
 
BettaLover223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaisyDawgThirteen View Post
Could you take another picture, just to see the progress? How long have you had him? It's normal for the first few days up to two weeks for them to be nervous to eat. But after that it can be a sign of illness.
Unfortunately I found him dead last night. He was acting weird before he died, but I found him on his side so yeah i can't. Sorry
BettaLover223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #10 
MaisyDawgThirteen
Member
 
MaisyDawgThirteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover223 View Post
Unfortunately I found him dead last night. He was acting weird before he died, but I found him on his side so yeah i can't. Sorry
Oh, I'm so sorry. :( I wish I could have helped . . . You did your best though. RIP
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
changing colors halfmoon

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Changing colors? AndiH Betta Fish Care 10 10-22-2009 10:26 AM
Changing colors??? TianTian Betta Fish Care 31 06-13-2009 03:49 PM
Changing Colors? RascalGoneWild Betta Fish Care 1 04-21-2009 06:10 PM
colors changing katie Betta Fish Care 8 01-31-2008 02:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.