Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Dumpster Guinea!

She's meant to be a foster for me... But she'll need a lotta work :/ But the hard part... finding someone near me!! Edmonton Alberta is the closest city to me D: If I have her by the summer, I might just drive her to wherever. I wanna go camping anyways mind as well drive her somewhere to a new home, right? lol!

She was found on the 12th beside the dumpster in Edmonton, and no, the mornings are not warm yet here! The cage was filthy, with cedar bedding... She's probably a year old if not younger. 2.2 pounds, a chubby little kisser she hasn't bitten.... She has scurvy though, but we are working on that

what is sad is the same day someone found 2 guineas actually IN a dumpster, in Edmonton.

Squeak is her name, and we're working on her shyness! I just wanna find this cutie puh-tutie a home that WON'T literally dump her

(don't mind the poo in the last picture lol there are 4 females in there. Plus..they're guineas! what do ya expect? :p )
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #2 
tpocicat

AWWWW she's such a beauty. I would take her in a heartbeat if we were just a little closer. I always have trouble understanding how anyone could be so heartless.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

I know right? :/ I couldn't leave her. poor girl had her hands full, her roomie was allergic AND she knew nothing of guineas. So I got her if she is not stressed she won't beat up on other guineas! such a sweetie someone's fad, I'm guessing. "mommy I want it" then you know the rest.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #4 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Never realized how abused little guinea pigs were D:
She's so cute <3 Does she actually squeak? :p don't really know guinea pigs.. there was a hairless one at the pet shop and he was like.. talking to me :O
I hate that these "less responsibility pets" are considered "dumpable". Bad news, Easter is coming up.. and usually within a month after that poor bunnies are just flooding the shelters :'(
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #5 
MadameDesu

She's adorable!

I had guinea pigs growing up. They lived to the ripe old age of 9 years.
I don't understand how people can be so cruel to animals. They're not disposable.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #6 
djembekah

oh golly! she's so beautiful. i want a piggie so much. but i really need to take care of my fish for now- no room for another fuzzy friend. I hope she finds a home! you are a great person :)
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #7 
betta lover1507

sorry to hear you can't find a home, did you add her to craiglist or petfinder? those could help (watch out for kids, add that your not allowing kids that has no responsibility) she is a pretty guinea, it is sad how the world treats the animals.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #8 
BettaHeart

awww... if only i wasnt in the next province over i would take her

maybe if you still have her by summer we can arrange a meeting place closer to calgary, i have family close to cochrane and will most likely visit this year. pm me when you have time.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #9 
Sena Hansler

my bf's mom might want her, but the guinea is pretty scared of all sounds! she has a 4 year old son, and he is pretty rough with the dog and 2 cats - which then I will note those were barn cats... I may allow her the more mellow one, Shaggy, that way Shaggy stays in the family, but he would be better as a first pet then a "I'm scared" girlie.

I'm working on her right now, she cannot be held too much too much = too much stress! obviously she was someone's fad. sick! and yes, the bunnies will fill our spca's because it's easter soon. Also imagine the sick people DYING these bunnies, because they are a fad? if I had a bunny hutch I'd take them, re-home them

LUCKY ME!!!! I have 100.00 extra, to bring Shaggy to a vet they'll clip his black curly nails, check his clouded eyes, and all that jazz!! <3

Squeak does so squeak... she wheeks, purrs, chatters and complains her complaining is so cute though - as if she is telling you her woes as she buries her head in your armpit, neck (or for you mama-type gals), belly, etc Her hind legs are what tell me she has scurvy, and it hurts her to be touched there. but hey, it won't be so bad in 1-4 weeks. She does not know about peppers though! Lettuce she'll eat a little of. But she needs to be separated so I know she gets the peppers and miss Honey Bunny doesn't eat it all :/ silly little guinea!

Maybe if you do come on down you can get her =D or knowing my bleeding heart for humanity, another one that too, was abandoned and needs a loving home xD
Old 03-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #10 
Mandy Pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Never realized how abused little guinea pigs were D:
She's so cute <3 Does she actually squeak? :p don't really know guinea pigs.. there was a hairless one at the pet shop and he was like.. talking to me :O
I hate that these "less responsibility pets" are considered "dumpable". Bad news, Easter is coming up.. and usually within a month after that poor bunnies are just flooding the shelters :'(
It's really sad and my husband's family are part of that problem. They keep telling me they want to get my 10 month old son a duck or a bunny for Easter. (What the heck would I do with a duckling?) My ferrets would gobble either up if given half a chance. I told them a very firm no so hopefully they won't.
Mandy Pandy is offline   Reply With Quote