Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #11 
Sena Hansler

a duck??? a duck??? why a duck of all things?? xD Rabbit cages..don't they have bars spaced enough that a weasely little ferret could squeeze through? :/ I've seen some ferrets squeeze through some tight spaces before! if they were interested enough, they could get through...

Another thing, most bunnies brought back to pet stores who accept returns, or people's pets they cannot care for, and in spca's and shelters, are the regular bunnies/rabbits... their size, is HUGE. most people see a cute little bunny, think they stay small and forget they get massive....another thing people have to think of. I've seen a 40 pound bunny come back because he was MASSIVE and the family didn't want a big bunny.

To me, because of that, only farms should own big bunnies - or people with large lots. dwarfs can be sold in stores, but that is it.

there are 2 males, 3 years old, in the pet store. they have been there for a month. No one wants the old ones If I wanted to I'd get them xD but have no room!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #12 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I LOVE the huge bunnies :3 that is the kind I'd want if I could have one. Our rabbit rescue had a boy dwarf and a girl flemish giant bonded together (both fixed). The photos were adorable.
The thing is that a large bunny is much better suited to a family than a tiny fragile bunny. The bigger ones are usually more chill, less delicate, and too heavy for a child to pick up :D
Don't know how many bunnies will be sold here.. our pet stores sell lop bunnies for $150 O_O
I always feel bad for the older bunnies at the stores.. :(
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #13 
Sena Hansler

O_O here they are as cheap as 10, and as expensive as....50. x.x so people go "aww bunny" get a lop eared, a glorified litter box my guineas don't even use, food, water bottle and tah dah children's pet ;(

I feel bad for old anything in the stores!!! There was a parakeet (I woulda got her....) who was there for 2-3 years before someone wanted her. :/ if she had been there when I got the cage, I would've gotten her xD she was so friendly, had laid eggs, hatched babies, etc... and loved her treats.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The cheapest rabbit you will find in any store here would be a mini rex for $40. Kijiji always has a ton of cheap ones at this time for people trying to make some money selling Easter bunnies :(
I feel bad for the large parrots, they can spend years in the pet store.. and they need so much love and some one to bond with, it must suck :(
I also felt really bad for a neon tetra I saw at petsmart today.. he was the only fish in a huge open tank o-o
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

anything other than budgies or canaries here, don't find homes very fast... There was a boarding parrot there. I LOVED HIM D: he leaned his head so you could pet him ^^ he was so friendly... so whoever owns him is a lucky duck to have an awesome grey parrot
Old 03-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #16 
Mandy Pandy

It's the same for the big ferrets... I remember when I went to get my ferret Riley I commented on how big he was. (I meant it as a good thing because I really wanted a big boy.) The guy getting him out of the hex told me that if I wanted to I could wait another week and they would be getting more small babies in. !!! I didn't want a small little baby.. I wanted my baby moose, Riley! (He really is a moose... just over 3 pounds which is HUGE for a Marshall's ferret.)
Mandy Pandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #17 
Sena Hansler

3 pounds?? wow I only know small ferrets haha. I knew one ferret that didn't smell (and that was natural!!), he was litter trained, and never EVER bit if I had a ferret like that...ok. otherwise no ferrets for me D: