For the last three days I've had 5-10ppm nitrAtes in my tank and stable 1.0ppm nitrate as I kept feeding 2-3ppm ammonia daily. The ammonia has been clearing out more and more each day and I've had to give stronger doses. Well tonight when I tested I had 0 everything. No traces of anything nada nothing zip I even tested 3 times. I tested my other tank and the tests came without some ammonia, trites, trates as I just had dosed some ammonia this morning. (I did not check the 0 tank this morning.) I'm really like confused I though nitrates stayed in the tank and the plants would only use some of them.