Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #1 
chrissylee13

Exclamation starting my weight loss journey tomorrow!

so, i've recently done a lot of research and i've found a diet that seems to make COMPLETE sense. i don't have time to explain everything about it right now as i'm trying to get ready to go buy groceries and then go to work. but i will definitely tell you guys about it later. i will be doing this for at least 30 days to see how i feel by this time and to see if i want to continue this and make it a lifestyle change.

i'm not super over weight but i'm at the heaviest i've ever been. well i've actually lost 5 lbs the past few months so my heaviest was 165. right now i'm 160lbs and i'm 5'2''. so the weight i am now looks like a lot on my little short body. my goal is to lose 30 lbs over all to be 130lbs. and i have to tell you guys, i've never been so excited to start a diet than i am now!!!

i will officially be starting the diet tomorrow. i will be taking my body measurements every saturday and weighing myself every sunday. so i will be checking back to this thread every weekend at least to let everyone know how i'm doing and what my progress is.

if any of you guys are interested in knowing what i'm going to be doing i will probably be back on later tonight and answer that. :]

i was just so excited about it and wanted to share it with you all!!!!
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #2 
chrissylee13

so i have a little time before work so i figured i'd let you all in on the secret. for the past 3-4 days i've been researching, watching documentaries, read articles and what not on this diet. many of you may have heard about it through the latest Atkins Diet. which that's basically what it is. so i'll explain.

for 30 days, starting tomorrow, i will be on a low carb, high fat, optimal protein diet. specifically, i will be eating around 20g of carbs per day, between 150-300g of fat a day, and around 70g of protein a day.

most, if not all, of what i eat will come from various forms of chicken, pork, beef, eggs, almonds, sunflower seeds, certain vegetables, real butter, coconut oil and certain fruits. nothing that i eat will be processed such as pressed chicken nuggets or bread/pasta. i won't be consuming really anything with sugar in it, sugar is carbs! and i won't be drinking alcohol.

for my exercise i'm going to be doing at least 3 days a week of weight training for 30-40 minutes each day. this way i'm not just losing fat but gaining some nice toned muscle. :]

so wish me luck! i'm sure this is going to be hard, but i'm so excited to do this and to maybe finally feel good about my body.

for anyone interested in finding out where i heard about this i watched the documentary "Fat Head" which i found on netflix. it's super funny and really an eye opening movie. i recommend it to everyone!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #3 
Leeniex

Good luck!

I did the Atkins diet years ago and lost weight quickly, but I just have trouble because I love my carbs so much.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck with your diet plan. I did the SouthBeach diet several years ago and lost 15-20 lbs on it. 'Sigh ' I need to get motivated to lose weight. I could stand to lose around 25 lbs.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #5 
sparkyjoe

Oh, good luck to you!!!

This may sound odd to many, but several years ago I prayed about my health, not specifically my weight, and God told me to "Stop eating meat and reduce (my) dairy."

I prayed again and was told that eggs were OK, so I went strict ovo-vegetarian and drastically reduced my dairy intake.

I later learned that I was actually allergic to dairy so eliminated it from my diet. I've since learned that I'm also allergic to soy and wheat.

Sooooo, I'm basically a vegetarian who is allergic to soy, wheat and dairy. Crazy, no? (Yes, there are still * plenty* of things I can enjoy!)

On the very, very positive, I'm thinner than I've been in my adult life.

Trust me, this is not an ideal plan for everyone and I never try to inflict my beliefs (or diet!) on anyone. It is my personal belief that God made us all different and unique, therefore what works for one is not always best for someone else.

Find what works for you and go for it!

I look forward to hearing more of your journey.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #6 
Rosso1011

I'm interested in following your progress, so keep us updated. I like researching diets and nutritional values of foods.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #7 
chrissylee13

thanks guys! after seeing that movie it was like something inside me just clicked. i've tried everything before and it just didn't seem like something i could do for super long periods of time and stay motivated or not hungry. i have to tell you. i've had less than 50g carbs today. and usually i'd have a head ache just before getting out of work at this time because i haven't had any food... and I HAVE NO HEAD ACHE!!!!!!! :]
Old 03-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #8 
registereduser

Have you seen this?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

It will help you a lot.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissylee13 View Post
thanks guys! after seeing that movie it was like something inside me just clicked. i've tried everything before and it just didn't seem like something i could do for super long periods of time and stay motivated or not hungry. i have to tell you. i've had less than 50g carbs today. and usually i'd have a head ache just before getting out of work at this time because i haven't had any food... and I HAVE NO HEAD ACHE!!!!!!! :]
Thar's wonderful!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #10 
chrissylee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Have you seen this?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

It will help you a lot.

thanks! i haven't seen this one before. i've used others in the passed.

and it is really awesome. i'm excited to see how i feel by next saturday. :]