Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #11 
copperarabian

That's awesome good for you :D
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #12 
djembekah

good for you! i'm a member of weight watchers, have been for a year, and well. right now i'm doing really poorly- i've gained at least half of what i've lost. the thing is, when i actually follow the plan, it really works. i really need to go back into it.

the diet you're trying makes a LOT of sense. I am a carb addict- specifically cookies. its a hard road. rooting for you!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #13 
Bombalurina

Good for you! :)

I've found that finding a form of exercise you really enjoy is the best way to stay motivated. For instance, I *hate* running, but love martial arts and dance (and Zumba!). Boxing burns many calories in a short time as well as toning lots of muscles (legs, bottom, back and shoulders as well as the obvious arms!) because it is a great cardio workout. A 20 minute boxing work-out can do wonders, and takes less time out of your day than running on a treadmill. :)

Find what you enjoy. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #14 
ravenwinds

Have you ever heard of "The 4 Hour Body" ? It's another low processed foods and low carbs....no white stuff is one of the main rules. My doctor( she's an MD but also alternative...best of both worlds!), turned me on to it.
Like your plan, it just clicked for me, and both my MD and I believe the science of it makes so much sense.

I also believe that everyone was made different and would never think of pushing my beliefs or diet on anyone! Our bodies all need a different path to optimum health.

Way to go Chrissielee! If you don't mind, I might start adding my progress here....I don't want to offend, so just say no if I'm intruding!....I've read that if you put your intentions and progress out there, especially on the web, your more likely to keep going with it...sort of a form of peer pressure, but more in your head...it's more about you not wanting to let yourself down in front of others/peers/friends.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:42 AM   #15 
chrissylee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
Have you ever heard of "The 4 Hour Body" ? It's another low processed foods and low carbs....no white stuff is one of the main rules. My doctor( she's an MD but also alternative...best of both worlds!), turned me on to it.
Like your plan, it just clicked for me, and both my MD and I believe the science of it makes so much sense.

I also believe that everyone was made different and would never think of pushing my beliefs or diet on anyone! Our bodies all need a different path to optimum health.

Way to go Chrissielee! If you don't mind, I might start adding my progress here....I don't want to offend, so just say no if I'm intruding!....I've read that if you put your intentions and progress out there, especially on the web, your more likely to keep going with it...sort of a form of peer pressure, but more in your head...it's more about you not wanting to let yourself down in front of others/peers/friends.

oh i don't mind at all! we can be our own little support group. :]

it's day 2 for me today! its started off okay. a little bit of a tummy ache but i think it's from being dehydrated from drinking coffee before bed. i was craving something! guess i won't do that again! lol. but other than that i feel awesome. i had a protein shake for breakfast and theres barely any sugar in it. it already tasted like i was drinking sugar! eww.. its funny how much my taste has changed already. oh, and strawberries taste better than cookies right now.

btw, i'm a recovering cookie addict. :p
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #16 
ravenwinds

Thanks! I definitely need a support group!
With 2 kids under 6, sugar is everywhere so this will be great...we can be cheerleaders for one another and coaches too.
4hr Body allows 1 cheat day a week: we can totally pig out...it is supposed to help your thyroid, kidneys, and pancreas reset a bit so no hormone crashes. I have chosen Tuesday because it's part of family weekend(when your a nurse and husband works in medical field, you get funky days off) so, I officially start this weds.
The guy who wrote the 4 hr body spent about 10 yrs using himself as the guinea pig...spoke to many biologists, doctors, chemists, etc...anyway I have high hopes that this lifestyle change will stick.
One other thing in this long winded post: I am 5 ft and have about 100 lbs to lose but my diet doesn't really focus on lbs; it is about measurements.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #17 
Rosso1011

I think Bombalurina had some really good advice for you. Definitely helps if you find a form of exercise that you like. I found some good yoga videos and I am looking into other stuff. Another thing that helps is making a good playlist for if you are going to the gym or know you're going to be on a treadmill. It makes a humungous difference in your workout. I hate gyms and personally, our classes that are offered at school are too early in the morning for the drive I have to make.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #18 
chrissylee13

yayyyy we'll all be awesome together! and it's true to find an exercise that you like.

today was my first day of weight training. and i actually did like it. i liked it more than most things i've tried. even though it was super hard. my fiance is my coach. lol.

anddddd.... today was my first weigh in day too. and the scale said... 156.4!!!! :D and then i weighed myself again after working out and it dropped another .2 lb lol. sweat! but i'm super excited to see that it's working. it feels so awesome to break that 160. this just means i'm one step closer!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #19 
ravenwinds

Yay! Way to go Chrissylee! Keep it up, I'll be joining you on weds, I do initial weight and measures tomorrow for starting point. I have already cut out a lot of sugar and carbs in anticipation for weds! I am a total carb and cookie junkie, too.

I gotta go do water changes in 3 or 4 of my tanks...lol
Old 03-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #20 
chrissylee13

yayyyy!!

and okay. have fun. :p