Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2012, 11:05 PM   #11 
ANHEL123

If he get like that after you fed him then just fast him tomorrow and see if he is better. I don't think that 5 flakes it too much though. Wait until tomorrow give us update.
You don't need to put aquarium salt. Aquarium salt you usually treat bettas with other disease. It don't recommended to put aq salt on regular basis.

+-2* i meant when you change his water you need to make sure that new water that you going to put him in will be the same temperature that he is already in. Big difference in the temp can shock him. If you have him in the room temperature how i understood you can let water stay for 8-12,24 hrs this way temp will be the same as you fish already in. I have thermometer which you can stick on out side of the tank , which is very sensitive.

As low as $6.99

ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #12 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

DO NOT feed peas. Some people do, some people don't, I don't think it's worth the risk when you have epsom salt. Sometimes it just makes the problem worse.

Fasting him would be the best thing to do.. Betta do not know when to stop eating, and will eat themselves to death so you must be careful how much you feed. 2 or 3 small meals a day is better than one meal a day.

You should be able to get a 2.5 gallon glass tank at petsmart for around $15 plus tax.
I'm sure there are 2 gallon or bigger fish bowls available as well, if you like the fish bowl look.
You should be able to find a Tetra brand heater, for 2-15 gallon tanks, for $15 plus tax at Walmart.
Walmart also has a 5 gallon starter kit with a filter (but no heater) for around $30 if you have room for that :)
69F is REALLY cold. Even when he gets better, his colour will be bad, and he will just sit around all day and not do much.. If you upgrade him, with a heater, his colour will show better and he will swim around all day like crazy. :)

Last edited by Olympia; 03-17-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #13 
ANHEL123

i want to add something to what i wrote. If you ever will use aged water like i wrote don't forget to put water conditioner
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote