Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #21 
OMGemily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
The red one!? He looked fine D:
Gah, that's really scary. I doubt it was anything you did though.
I bought a little boy today that's pretty sick too, hope he pulls through.
i know! he had clamped fins the second/third day and that was IT... i have no clue what was wrong... he was definitely more aggressive than Antione, who was the one with stress stripes... so i dont have a clue what couldve killed him... i assume the water wasnt it since Antione is still alive... ill be keeping a close eye on him though just in case... i dont think i can stand to lose Antione... i hope your guy gets better though... i wanted a cellophane halfmoon really bad but he was bloated so i opted for Jacques, who looked healthy... i dont think Antione liked sharing his tank though, so im thinking i might get some females to put in the 10 gallon from my dad next time i get any bettas...
OMGemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #22 
OMGemily

Day 27

Maybe I'm just being majorly paranoid... but I dont even want to go to sleep tonight for fear of waking up fishless... i cant let this little guy die on me... not Antione... heres the thread with all the information... any help is greatly appreciated...
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=97424
Old 03-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #23 
OMGemily

Day 28

Update on the illness: he looked better this morning at first glance, but upon closer inspection, he seemed to have some kind of fungus... i gave him some melafix (i know its bad) and it seemed to be getting worse. and then better, and its almost gone now :) he seems to be acting fine, and he looks better, although the fungus is still there. i have hope :) still afraid for his life though... i hate all this amateur business... it costs too many fish :( Thats about all ive got today though. Here the thread with more info about his sickness:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....00#post1030500

EDIT: Antione is officially 4 weeks old :) (starting on the day i got him)
Old 03-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #24 
ANHEL123

I love your updates.I hope he will recover. If it really fungus i really recommend aquarium salt. It good that he is active and eating. I think you will be able to see after water changes. If it fungus it now going to cleared on it own... I think if it peeling off then it might be extra slime. Good luck. Did you see the post that i wrote to you about in another thread i think you should go and look at that post ...kind of need to know...Do you know which one i am talking about?
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #25 
OMGemily

Sakura8 recommended to finish out the melafix treatment since its already started (doesnt recommend melafix itself though) and then if its still bad after that treatment to start with salt. hes not eating right now :( but he does seem to be acting normal. i did see the post though, (replied on my other thread) but ill check it again when i can tonight. i honestly think this all started with Jacques. whther it was directly from him or Antione just got stressed enough to be more suceptible to illnesses, i think i shouldve been more careful with him...
Old 03-31-2012, 05:54 AM   #26 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Melafix is most often dangerous when overdosed, so maybe under dose him a bit.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #27 
ANHEL123

Good luck give us update :) You wrote though that he got little better with melafix and his white fuzzy patches peeling off. So i think make sure he doesn't get worse then may be you don't need melafix. Not sure how long is melafix treatment.
Good luck.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #28 
OMGemily

Olympia: that's what sakura said and I have been. Just in case

ANHEL: melafix is 7 or 10 days. I can't remember right now. I don't want to stop the treatment in the middle though because it can make the bacteria or whatever build up resistance. And like Olympia and Sakura said its really only bad when overdosed.

He does look way better now though :) no fungus at all that I can see. AND he ate just now :D gonna clean his tank out tonight :)
Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #29 
ANHEL123

Oh good :) Really want him to recover. Also with fungus don't make water too worm. Fungus love warm water and will get worse.
Good luck .
Old 03-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #30 
OMGemily

Day 29

Finally done with all my band stuff this weekend! Heres a video of my flute solo if you wanna see what was taking all my time this weekend
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=96366&page=3

So now ive got tonight and all day tomorrow for Antione :) I just cleaned out his tank with hot water (burnt my hands a little bit) and filled it up with 2 gallons, which i measured so i know how much is in there for the melafix (not recommended i know) but i wont overdose him. and the only thing i put back in the tank was his heater and betta hammock, no marbles, no cup, nothing that fungus can hide in. When i was washing the tank, i had poured most of the water out and was taking the marbles out to finish washing/rinsing, and the little bit of water left was disgusting... granted it was pretty much all of the dirt in the whole tank confined to just a little bit of water, but still... so theres nowhere for it to hide right now. Im still acclimating him so hes still in his betta cup but hes no longer floating in the tank (dont want germs from the outside of the cup in there) So thats where he is right now on his road to recovery :)
And in reply to you ANHEL, i have read that before but didnnt think about it. Hes a bit cold now in his cup but ill be sure to turn his heater down as well as soon as i get done typing this. Thank you for the reminder :)