Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #31 
OMGemily

Day 30

1 month old! :D so hes in his tank now, probably kind of bored. Theres nothing in there right now. But hes still eating, im still treating (and slightly underdosing) him with melafix. This will be the 4th day out of 7. The white stuff (Ive been told it probably isnt fungus) has gone away almost completely. Theres no sign of it on his head, but there might be a tiny bit on his fins. Hes looking good :) so glad my baby's getting better! I guess you have to make mistakes to learn from them. Im just glad i got another chance to do it right :) I definitely wont be adding any more fish in with Antione, he's definitely a solo kind of guy! But i might get a sorority in the future, and now i know to keep them isolated at first! Thanks to every one who's been helping me and Antione through this :) Im sure i can speak for both of us when I say it's appreciated!
OMGemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #32 
ANHEL123

I am glad everything going good :) I also think it not fungus because it would be more difficult and longer to get rid of the fungus.
Sorry if i will repeat myself. I don't remember if i wrote it on this post or another post. But i prefer to check if betta healthy before i would put it in the tank with another betta. It sort of like you have to quarantine the plant when your buy from the store before you put it in the tank. I am personally don't use plants from the store i am using spider plant but definitely quarantine the plant...I learned it from someone on this forum. Let me know if you need information on the plant. I think you might saw the information on that...
And if you have a spider plant at home you can use it for your betta tank. I am using home plant for long time.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #33 
OMGemily

I dont have any real plants in there right now. Im not ready to deal with that too. One betta is enough for now, ive decided haha. And yes, ive definitely learned from my mistake, and will quaranrine any other bettas i may get when adding them. I didnt know you were supposed to quarantine plants too though. Good thing you mentioned it :)
Old 04-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #34 
ANHEL123

Yes put plants in tap water NO conditioner. Now wimpy plants may/will die,so be warned! I've had to with sword,wisteria and java fern...wisteria died. the others lived:) If you quarantine for 2-3 or more weeks,the disease will die off.the thing about ich,velvet,etc,is it needs a host...no host,it eventually dies.
Sorry what i wrote it from someone else since i don't use plants from the store but i think it valuable information...
Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #35 
OMGemily

Day 33

Havent been posting here for the past few days, because ive been pretty much doing the same thing in the disease forum. But the good news is i think hes completely healthy now :) if he did have anything i think its gone now :)

So right now im just asking around about his fins. Theyve gotten pretty bad since i got him :/ heres the thread with pictures: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=97424&page=3
i think ive linked to this thread already but at the top of the page are some before/after pictures of his fins. Its mainly the caudal Im worried about. But he seems to be acting fine and his anal fin is growing back nicely :)
Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #36 
ANHEL123

Emely i feel bad that you have problem with him. You always worry and didn't really had chance to enjoy your baby. But you are taking good care of him :)
I saw his fins. I hope it due to hardness and he will be able to adjust. It good that he is eating and active at least. He is beautiful betta.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #37 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I just started treating my CT with AQ salt to get his fins to regrow, hopefully they do. I noticed a lot more growth while he was in a cycled 15 gallon tank than before in his 2.5. Reeeally want to order some IAL, keep me updated on how that goes. Those darn CT rays. >_>
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #38 
OMGemily

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
Emely i feel bad that you have problem with him. You always worry and didn't really had chance to enjoy your baby. But you are taking good care of him :)
I saw his fins. I hope it due to hardness and he will be able to adjust. It good that he is eating and active at least. He is beautiful betta.
Oh ive definitely enjoyed his company :) he is the cutest little thing in the world and i love that liittle guy to death! call me crazy but hes already been some nice company when everyone else is being jerks. I always say i never thought i fish could get so much love outta me :) but he did. I do agree that hes a handsome little fellow haha so tiny and cute :) (one of the smallest bettas ive ever seen at the pet stores, hes about 1.5 inches counting his fins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I just started treating my CT with AQ salt to get his fins to regrow, hopefully they do. I noticed a lot more growth while he was in a cycled 15 gallon tank than before in his 2.5. Reeeally want to order some IAL, keep me updated on how that goes. Those darn CT rays. >_>
Those darn CTs indeed haha I just recently noticed Antione regrowth :) i was kinda bummed at first because they didnt seem to be growing back any but when i finally did notice it was like he built his first bubble nest haha it was that exciting for me. I hope your guys start growing back soon too :) its really awesome to see that theyre healing. Especially in Antiones case when i felt like i was doing everything wrong. He let me know i was doing at least one thing right haha. Ill definitely keep updates coming once i get the IALs, im super excited to see if his fins start to get better. I know its not necessarily bad to his health, just aesthetic, but he just looks healthier with straighter fins. And i want the best for my little buddy :)
Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #39 
ANHEL123

Now again i am not sure what i am talking about. But i think i saw post on this forum that the best water conditioner to use with hard water is Prime. Not sure who wrote it but i think it even may be Oldfishlady. Also i am using Prime and on the bottle written ''for exceptionally high chlorrmine concentrations,a double dose may be used safely.'' So i am wondering if Prime can help.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #40 
DTailskatr

I have also been told Prime is best by quite a few members. It's almost impossible to overdose on as long as you follow the bottle. I was having ammonia problems (my tape water has very high levels) and this took care of it right away :)
DTailskatr is offline   Reply With Quote