Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #61 
OMGemily

Day 38 (cont'd)

just got home and saw that my IALs arrived!! put half of one in Antiones tank less than an hour ago and he seems to love it! :) hes resting on it and swimming through the curls of it :) i bet he might even sleep on it :D haha hes so cute!
OMGemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #62 
OMGemily

Day 39

Im upgrading him to the 10 gallon today :) so i can make room for my mystery baby :) i bought some blood worms for the baby but theyre too big. so i fed Antione one to see if he would go for it. I wanted to soak it a little before he ate it so it wouldnt expand in his tomach but i didnt have any other water around so i had to soak it in his tank. I stuck it on the end of a bread tie and put it in the water. Antione noticed it right away from across the tank and darted right for it. So i kept moving it away from him to let it soak. i think he enjoyed chasing it though haha he gobbled it up pretty quickly :) his IAL started to change the water color today :) i put one in his new 10 gallon as well but im still waiting for it to heat up. Im going to try and have a filter in this one. its from my 5.5 so hopefully the current wont be as strong. i guess ill wait and see :)
Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #63 
OMGemily

Day 43

This very well may be the last day i post about this little guy :'( im not too confident in his ability to survive much longer.... maybe im overexaggerating, but being a still pretty new betta owner im not sure if it too late or not :( he seems to have some kind of swim bladder issue and his scales look like their starting to pinecone... these things always seem to happen when i cant be here :( last time i had contest all weekend and this time its prom... why cant my fish just be healthy?? i dont know what im doing wrong :(
Old 04-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #64 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Awh!
Don't beat yourself up, he was tiny, could have been too late for him the moment someone decided to sell him as a baby betta. Dealing with loss can be hard. I don't know if it's safe to treat a baby, but if he's alive when you're home, you should look into an aggressive treatment.
How is Antoine?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #65 
OMGemily

Antione isnt the baby... but hes pretty much dead... :'(
Old 04-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #66 
ANHEL123

wait i think he was doing good. Sorry i got confused. Is it Anthony who is pine coning? If it him i think you don't do anything wrong he probably sick from the store. So sorry it really happened to a lot of people. It not you doing something wrong.
How is that little new baby?

I saw a lot of post's where people lost 3 even 4 fish before they finally have healthy one, don't give up. Sorry you go through this.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 04-14-2012 at 09:27 PM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #67 
BETTACHKALOVE

I just saw the post when someone treated dropsy symptoms and i PMed about it i was curious how to treat it and i got this mess back. May be it can help :) I know you did so much already :(
Below the answer on my pm :

No problem! I cannot guarantee if it was the medication or just a stubborn fish. I have been told several times that what I did could not possibly work. The only medication I had at the time was Jungle Fungus Clear, so I used what I had. I had 2 girls survive with this. The only two I treated this way.

I added 1/4 tablet of the Jungle Fungus clear and several(I can't remember how many) teaspoons of epsom salt (for the bloating) to a gallon of spring water.

I moved my little girl back into her bowl from wally world. (The plastic one I brought her home in.) I used the mixture to fill her bowl and changed it out 2-3 times a day depending on how it looked. I kept her in the warmest room in my house since her bowl was too small for a heater. I held off food for the first several days, until she seemed less bloated and the scales were going down a bit. I fed her right before I changed her, so if she didn't eat, the water would be cleaned out anyway.

It took me 2 weeks of this before she seemed well enough that I put her back in the aquarium. The second girl took about 10 days. I still have the second girl, but the first one I lost on her 3rd round with Dropsy, so I think she had something else wrong with her to begin with.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #68 
ANHEL123

so sorry i just saw your other post . He died? Sorry...Something was wrong with him from beginning though. You did everything you could. Don't give up
Old 04-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #69 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I agree, Antoine seemed riddled with problems from the start.. Probably bad breeding made his system weak.. >< avoid that pet store if you can.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #70 
ANHEL123

So weird i just read help about IAL and it look like Antione was doing a lot of better before emily put him in 10 gall with IAL.
And also water got cloudy which i don't understand. Is it was something in the tank may be.
So sorry:(