Betta Fish Forum banner

Favourite cory species?

3K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Rosso1011 
#1 ·
It seems that most people on here love cories, but I want to know what your favourite species are. :)

I love pandas because they are super cute, but my albino is such a clown and my peppered is stunningly pretty...I personally can't decide, but would love to hear what everybody else thinks! Feel free to post pictures or links. :)

#2 ·
I loved my pandas but sadly, they didn't agree with my very soft but very alkaline water and after many attempts at keeping them, my last panda passed. Such a shame. They're adorable. I also think Peppered Cories are beautiful but they get so much bigger than most cories. :(

#5 ·
I love them all! :D
If I was to get a school of cories, I'd go for either pandas, albinos or axelrods. :)

#6 ·
I've got 3 habrosus (pygmy sized salt & pepper) & 1 julii (leopard, had 3 of these guys but 2 didn't make it. Not impressed with this LFS, won't go back. 1/2 of the cory's I've boughten in the past week have gone belly up.)
A local person has offered to help me find some more she knows lots of people who have them in their tanks & she's sure someone will have some of either to share. Hoping more for julii's than habrosus though!

#12 ·
I love pandas, which are one of my favorite animals, so a Panda Cory, even though my Cory Cat is not a Panda. XD

#14 ·
Oh. Thank you, I did not know that. In that case I like the peppers.:-D

#15 ·
Albinos are so active, them and emerald are my favorites!

#18 ·
I have habrosus & julii's & honestly the julii's are alot more social & way more playful. Though the habrosus will play with my betta.

#19 ·
That's cool that they play together. I don't ever see that happening in my tank lol. My Betta will mingle with them on the bottom not really playing. It's like he is checking on the tank making sure everything is alright sortve like a guard lol. If they come up to the top near him he will flare at them and they jet a way. He's never chased or bit at them and doesn't have a problem with them coming up away from him. It's just when they come up with in the same area that he is swimming in at the time. They've been together about 2 weeks now and the cories seem to be settling in a pecking order with the Betta checking where he is at before they surface. I haven't seen a flare incident since the first few days they were together.

#20 ·
i have three green and three albino (same species, cant remember the scientific name) in a tank with my boy Jareth... I call them his goblins. :3 Im working on decorating the tank with a castle, just have to find one i like at a good proce with holes that he cant get his wee head stuck in. lol!!

#21 ·
Fin (betta) & Salt, Pepper & S&P (habrosus) play tag, they will creap up on each other, the stalker will touch then the other fish will shoot forward a bit then turn around and go after the stalker.

#22 ·
I love ALL cory cat fish! But I think I love the Albino ones the best. My Albino Cory cats are Rudolph and Clarice. My other 2 Corys are Jagger and Tyler, I'm not sure which kind they are though....(if anyone knows, can you let me know?)They are all in my photo album on my Betta Fish profile here :)

#24 · (Edited)
Definitely not Julii Corydoras. Typically those lines indicate that it is a commonly confused species referred as Three Lined Corydoras or Corydoras Trilineatus which are a very rewarding fish. I would highly suggest that you get more if you have the space to properly house a few more, and sand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.