Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #31 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I'll be the same way in two weeks I have four pairs going in the tubs and more fish coming in.
Don't you just love it though?! I love tending to all of them
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #32 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
Don't you just love it though?! I love tending to all of them
That is true lol. I love just watching them do their little daily activities. Can't wait to have my grow outs filled with juvies again
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #33 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
That is true lol. I love just watching them do their little daily activities. Can't wait to have my grow outs filled with juvies again
I know right! lol I am starting a new grow out tank today actually, its gonna be a lot of work . I am starting a planted 55 gallon tank today. I already put the soil and sand and some water and now I have to fill it So much work so little time in the day.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #34 
tpocicat

I have juvies growing out and I too am planning my next spawn. Talk about addicting!
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #35 
bettalover2033

The pair is beautiful. I agree with MrV...she does have a wide dorsal.

She might have some DT in her genes. Also another reason I think she has DT in her is because of her "spoon" head shape. Its at an angle that usually DT's hold.

The male has a beautiful color and dragon scaling!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #36 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
The pair is beautiful. I agree with MrV...she does have a wide dorsal.

She might have some DT in her genes. Also another reason I think she has DT in her is because of her "spoon" head shape. Its at an angle that usually DT's hold.

The male has a beautiful color and dragon scaling!
Yes she does have doubletail, the doubletail female I have in this thread is her sister.
Oh
Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #37 
Bettas Rule
Banned

The babies have hatched! I am not sure how many there are but it looks like maybe 15-20...although usually I underestimate spawns in the beginning. This male proved to be a great father after all.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #38 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
Yes he is a dragon scale, as for other females I do have some, but to be honest I can't see what you mean about her not being as good as her mother. Can you point out what you see ?
When choosing females I look for the most ray branching (unless daddy has excessive branching). Mom has 4 while daughter has 3. Fixing ray branching is too much trouble for me.

Did your male spawn with 2 females?
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #39 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
When choosing females I look for the most ray branching (unless daddy has excessive branching). Mom has 4 while daughter has 3. Fixing ray branching is too much trouble for me.

Did your male spawn with 2 females?
I don't think I fully understand how to count rays to be honest. I have read so much and looked at visual diagrams and I still can't count them right.

I do see that she doesn't branch out as much, but I just contributed that to her age since they branch more as they age. Her mother was over a year old in her photograph and the daughter is only 4 months old. Could you help me see the branching on my females? You have my permission to use my photo's to illustrate the area's that you are looking at to determine branching. I really need help on this so if you could find the time it's much appreciated.

As for the spawn I was able to get the original female to spawn with him.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #40 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Good news! The spawn is much larger than I originally thought, I am guessing anywhere from 50-100. I took the father out today I put him into a floating tank in the sorority. I do this with all of my males after taking them from the spawn tank to prevent depression. The constant flirtation of all the females does a really good job keeping them busy with flaring and even trying to start new bubble nests. One time I woke up in the morning to find that one of my females had jumped into the small floating tank holding a recovering male. To my suprise all he did was build a massive bubble nest for her.