Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #1 
Allie97

Exclamation Betta Tips Over, White Stuff Spews Out

I just got my betta fish, Bella, this Tuesday. This afternoon (about 12:00) she was acting really strange. She was sitting at the bottom of her tank when she started flipping over and white stuff spewed from beneath her. This happened once, she was okay for a few minutes, and then it happened again. I waited a few minutes and she seemed fine, so I left home and haven't been here for awhile. I'm home now and now she has these strange cream-colored stripes up her sides I'm really worried about her. What could it be, and will she be okay?
Allie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #2 
TuiAndLa

Sounds like she's releasing eggs? If the stripes are vertical, means she's ready to breed. Horizontal stripes means she's stressed. But I've never heard of a female releasing eggs without a male? Maybe someone will come along with more info.
TuiAndLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #3 
Allie97

That's what I thought was happening but I didn't think it was possible since she's in the tank alone and has never been in contact with a male betta. The stripes are vertical, too.
Allie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #4 
Silverfang

Females can release eggs, I've never seen it, but I've been told it can look like it's "snowing". Of course they will likely eat the eggs after but it is possible.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fipping over, white feces, white stripes