I did clean it.... but because I am terribly allergic to bleach, I do not own a single item that has bleach in it. I use vinegar and scalding hot water >:) twice over. and rinsed with scalding hot water. then scalding hot water. then warm water =D then cold water. then filled it -whew-.
plus the sides and bottom were scrubbed, and the rocks were churned in a strainer in a large bowl, with boiling water/vinegar mix (equal amounts) and rinsed super well after x.x
trust me D: sororities are nice and all...but gah is it ever so much work xD
any tank that has had a death, or contagious disease gets torn down and completely cleaned. Which is why I rarely have it attack a new fish to a tank that previous had..say...flesh eating bacteria or something