Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #21 
Sena Hansler

I have my constipated old boy Ghengis on 2 teaspoons per gallon. Tomorrow, a 90% clean and another teaspoon. This I recommend, and to avoid filling the tummy with more, like peas. Although, yes, maybe the pea works - I would not know, but I don't risk it.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #22 
brettwashere

I'd be happy if he ate anything, but anything I put in just ends up polluting the tank. If he gets an appetite I plan on offering baby pellets or brine shrimp first off depending on how much of an appetite. All my fish seem to be able to smell the baby pellets in the water
brettwashere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #23 
iceyrose

The joys of cellphones...lol...yeah typing on the cell is annoying at times also...after I seen ur post about why did I think he was constipated ...I replyed and then noticed the other posts..lol good luck with ur betta...please let the betta form know how things go with the empom salt...
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #24 
brettwashere

Hey, sorry about hi-jacking your thread, it started as a simple question. I'm pretty sure this now belongs in the emergency section. A lot of people here to help though so its become a hot topic. Thanks to everyone who took the time to help. I'll keep everyone posted. He actually seem to be moving around a bit more, but still sideways when he rests. I've had to stop going in to the pet stores and looking at their bettas. I get suckered in to buying the just because I feel bad. I also got a white and orange halfmoon plakat. He was sitting on the shelf for a week or more. I saw him on three occasions. The last time there were three or four fish floating in cups and I had to take him. He's really skittish and I have him in a small tank on my coffee table to get him used to us. He is awesome when he flares up and has an appetite but stays underneath his christmas moss down on the bottom. He need his own tank.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #25 
iceyrose

Well just thankfull the tread is helpfull to you and others...some times its highly annoying trying to find answers to betta health qwestions...thanks to eveyone and there helpfull answers...some times I have the feeling that apone adopting any animals even if there fish people should be maid to compleat a class or two to help them care for animals. I've learned a lot lot from this site about betta but boy that class idea would shur help a lot of betta owner and other animals too..there's a lot of commense to careing for animals but there shur are a lot of suprises to. That would be really neat if this site had classes of sorts just some type of subject every week or every so many days .....what do you guys think?
Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 AM   #26 
iceyrose

Side note not minimizing the importance of fish as some people may do or think compaired to other animals....I love neacco my veil tail betta he's my cutie pie:)
Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 AM   #27 
iceyrose

Also as you guys may notice I have bad spelling can't say empsom salt is in my vocab much untill lately...I learnd how to spell it after be corrected lol
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #28 
Sena Hansler

that's okay we can understand you, that is what matters =D

Well, anyone who adopts my bettas, or wants one, goes through a mini-class-session. They learn about WHY bettas should have heaters, illnesses, tank size reasoning, etc My nephew had a 1.27 gallon tank with a strong filter that was not adjustable... My brother wants him to have a fish. I told him I'd give him the 10 gallon so the filter doesn't bug the betta, but he needs to get pellets, heater, plants, siphon, conditioner, and basically anything I say xD My nephew knows, he gets one of my bettas. So he HAS to care for him, otherwise I take him, and the tank back.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #29 
brettwashere

Quick update, my halfmoon was up and swimming in his cup this morning, still no appetite but, this is the first good response I've seen from him. He's getting fresh salt solution twice a day. I'll check him out when I get home.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #30 
Sena Hansler

that's good

Tags
empsont salt