Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #1 
Luimeril

and this is okay how?

so, a good friend of mine sent me some stuff for my ball-jointed doll last week. got it Friday. she also said she sent stuff for my fish, so i was super excited! :D opened the box, and there were two 'betta tanks' in there. :B free, so i'm not going to complain.

they're the Top Fin Betta View hexagon tanks. about a half gallon or so, stackable, blah. good for water changes or photo shoots.

well, i decided to see how tiny they were, so i scooped Twitch into them and snapped some pics. needless to say, he was NOT a happy fish.

i wanted pics of his new growth, but this also shows how unhappy he is in it. :I

stacked on the other, but you can see how big he is, compared to it(with photo bombing ponies. xD)

both of them, next to my brother's soda bottle. you can really see how big he is in it. :I tiny little Twitch, in that tiny little tank.

better view of it next to the soda bottle. :I it's smaller than a soda bottle!

don't worry! Twitch was only in that for a little while! he's now happily back in his tank. :B ....a bit miffed at me, but back in his tank. i'll ONLY use these for water changes. NO bettas will live in these tanks. EVER.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #2 
Tikibirds

I see an applejack...

anyways, those are tiny but they may be good for a QT. I dont have a problem with people using 1 gallons as long as they keep up with water changes but the .5 gallon and smaller.... According to petsmart they only need a pint of water
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #3 
Leeniex

I used to have some BJD's and have been looking at them again lately. They are so hard to resist.

In other news, those "tanks" are only good for water changes.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

there is this 0.27 gallon "betta mansion" in the store.

MANSION? >:( Shiloh has a MANSION. 20 gallons!! with the non-suicidal long finned colorful guppy he doesn't care about!! :o I mean... I use 0.5 if there is an emergency. I use 1+ gallons for hospital, and homes. Dally still is in a 1 gallon, because he prefers 1 gallon... Those are some itty bitty tanks you got there o_O

I think if they made tanks more affordable (some 5 gallons here are 40.00.... and 10 gallons up to 80.00.... while a 0.27 is 10.00, 1 gallon 12.00, etc) people would be more inclined to get them =D
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #5 
Luimeril

that's why these are only being used for water changes and photo shoots. :I i use a gallon for one of my tanks, but nothing smaller. ever. Twitch was WAY unhappy in that.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #6 
Sena Hansler

Agreed :) I still have the betta cups for water changes
Old 03-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #7 
Luimeril

i had some. :I then, slowly, one by one, they broke, or were tossed out. my brother's using my last one to hold his betta food, since the baggy it was in busted, but even that one has a crack in it.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I see an applejack...

anyways, those are tiny but they may be good for a QT. I dont have a problem with people using 1 gallons as long as they keep up with water changes but the .5 gallon and smaller.... According to petsmart they only need a pint of water
I don't think they would be good for a QT tank since they will stress the fish even more. A proper QT tank is at least a gallon to give them room to "flourish" and grow if they are having fin troubles.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #9 
Luimeril

eeyup. :V .5 is okay temporarily, but i saw how stressed Twitch was. when i do his actual water change with him in this, i'll take a video to show how upset he was. :I
Old 03-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #10 
Sena Hansler

I use a cup because I lack a bigger cup. haha! I usually scoop, clean, fill, condition, add fish. After a while 90% of them do not care anymore.