Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #1 
Pucky21811

My new Orange VT- Does he look healthy to you? And name suggestions welcome!

This is my new boy, my big new orange/black VT I got today from Petsmart. He was kind of listless in his cup, and he seems to have less energy than my RT.

His pectoral fins are huge. I hope the pics really show just how elongated they are!
There is some black on the edge of his fins. Slight fin rot or is that his coloring? I can't seem to determine.
My only other concern is that he has a few bubble-looking things on him, and he holds his, I think its called the operculum, up on one side. The last picture is a picture of him showing that. It has bubbles on it too: that's not velvet, is it? Or is it just bubbles cause he was just put into his fresh QT tank for now before I move him into his new 2 gal Kritter Keeper.

Okay those are my only concerns now I need help to name him!!!

My boyfriend and I love hockey, and we have named our fish after hockey themes. Puck (rip) and Zamboni were our first two, and we were thinking for this guy some of the following:
-Hoser
-Stanley (Cup)

Do you guys have any more ideas? Preferably hockey themed but I love to hear more!
Okay, finally, without further wait, here is my little guy! :
Attached Images

Pucky21811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #2 
frazier71

You can't really tell about the fins in the picture but if its fin rot you'll know in a few hours. Just keep an eye on it. I like Stanley or something that has to do with the flyers since hex orange and possibly black
frazier71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #3 
Pucky21811

Yeah its edged in black, for the most part, and curled a little. I believe it is. Nothing that clean water and a little AQ salt can't fix, I'm sure. :)
Flyers would work! ... So would something Islanders, but my boyfriend would like that just a little too much (I'm a devils fan)
I'm thinking Stanley too :3 Thanks! I'm up for more suggestions as well! :D
Old 03-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #4 
Pucky21811

Okie, I think Lord Stanley has stuck. It's official. Ya know, one other thing, he's not really an energetic fella. Moves really slow, not excited about food though he has eaten some, and his fins just hang there; is that clamped fins? He isn't flaring or darting away for anything.... Will he look better in his 2 gal?