Okay I have had a snail for two weeks and he is still alive and well, he is grazing on a leaf right now.
But...... I got 10 ghost shrimp yesterday and I believe 7 have died. The bodies were intact and my betta shows no interest in even the smallest ones. The rasboras do not either.
The temperature is a steady 80 degrees nitrates ammonia and nitrites are good. There is no chlorine or chloromines.
I am stumped. I have a 115 year old house that's piping is questionable at best but I don't know if it is copper or if it was changed.
Would any sizable amount of copper that could kill shrimp kill a snail? And they haven't died all at once but slowly, they turn pale, flail about for awhile and die. The pH is neutral as well. Any thoughts?