Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #21 
Bombalurina

Beautiful, LBF!
I also have a very tall, very narrow sorority tank with no trouble whatsoever. I wish I had a long shallow one, though. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #22 
Misakitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Here's a semi FTS to show the sort of density I recommend for a sorority

LittleBettaFish, what kind of plant is that down in the front? I'm really bad at identifying plant species, and I don't think I've ever seen that one before. I like it! I envy your dense plants. This gives me a much better idea of what to aim for when I build my sorority tank.
Misakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:48 AM   #23 
LittleBettaFish

That's just wisteria. When I get mine I cut the top off the plant and leave on a few leaves below that and then plant it. I find it grows much more uniform looking and looks less messy.

The stem plants behind that are ambulia and the one on the right is mayaca fluviatilis, which is a really nice plant whether floating or planted into the substrate.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #24 
Misakitty

It is a very nice effect. Seeing well-established planted tanks just reminds me how very far I have to go still with mine!
Misakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #25 
Sena Hansler

It's hard for me to find decent plants for a good price that won't die or carry black algae hair :/

... except the plants I have now, I got like....6 more pieces of java fern growing here and there O_o
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #26 
makoisland

I'm looking forward to starting my sorority, but I'm -not- looking forward to having to buy a bunch of plants. Gotta admit though, it'll be fun decorating the tank with the plants and hiding places. :3

Ooh, I love aquarium pictures, those tanks are beautiful guys. <3
makoisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #27 
Sena Hansler

haha I have to start over! my 29 long cracked due to lame blinds on the window. shattered part of the crack ( think of pressing down on a flimsy piece hard, how it will crack and in turn the crack will be pressured and pieces around the crack shatter). so I have to stock a 40 gallon, with plants I do not have! I had enough for a 29. :( ugh. lol
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #28 
Bombalurina

Hey Sena, check out the crazy one-species-of-plant aquascapes that amano does. If all you can get is java fern, use java fern. With some driftwood and some moss, if you can get that, you could do something incredible.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #29 
Tikibirds

I had a 20 long for my girls, but I had to improvise since I didn't have a lid or many tall plants. So I used cups and put fake plants in them to make them taller. I had very little agression with my girls and I had 10.

If I do it again, i'm gonna have a coherant theme - not just random decorations shoved into the tank. And a lid. I could make a tacky hippie themed tank with all those stupid brightly colored caves I have.

Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:17 AM   #30 
kfryman

Tikibirds the yellow female looking away from the camera looks like mine, just mine is so much smaller.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote