Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #21 
Bombalurina

My Endler girls bite harder and more frequently than my betta girls. They are crazy little things.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #22 
bettalover2000

My babies both jump at my finger. They will also bite when it's in the water. It is really cute! My girl can jump really high.
bettalover2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #23 
chrissylee13

hehe i got bit for the first time the other day. actually, it was when my one female, Jackie, first learned how to jump the divider into Frosty's section. i know i shouldn't have but i stuck my hand in there and carefully cupped her out. as i was cupping here Frosty bit me. it was a funny situation. :D
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

My girl Daffy used to bite me. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #25 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
Is this the one, Vilmarisv?

They don't have the kind of teeth that we mammals have. They're more like sharp raised bumps in their jaw cartilage. Tough enough to crush snails and copepods and shrimp and insect bodies and hard dry pellets. But not enough to hurt you.

There's a parallel thread about biting going on right now. It's very funny.
That pic reminds me of such a close-up of a bug.. Like when SPongebob was in Sandy's dome and a butterfly landed on his water bowl.. The up close was horrifying! This betta pic is strange! But wow had no idea they had little "teeth". Bowser will jump out of water to bite, bc he relates my finger to the paintbrush I give them wormies on but he backs up if I put my finger IN the water!
Ludendorff has become quite the fighter. He latches on and tugs, it does not hurt but I can see why he takes mouthfuls of worms at a time! He's a big strong boy! Must be his genes (he's from Asia ^.^)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #26 
Sheldon31

I found it hillarious when Kyon bit me. I was putting a plant back that had come uprooted and I felt something on my arm. Thinking it was a leaf or something stuck to me I looked down and there he was! Mouth wide on my arm! Didn't hurt but it was funny! Love the pic. Had to look very closely but I could see the tiny teeth :)
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #27 
underdebate

Just for the sake of putting my two cents in: Isaac is far more curious than bitey and has never tried to bite for all the times I've stuck my hands in his tank. I did, however, once have a betta who nuzzled.

Yeah. Nuzzled. It was basically too cute for words.
underdebate is offline   Reply With Quote