Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #21 
ANHEL123

Just make sure you finish the course of the aquarium salt treatment that Myates gave you. Or I am not sure if you have him on meds. But it really important to finish either one. Make sure you get rid of the parasites so it don’t come back. I am wondering what is instructions on water changes if you use medications. Not sure if you need to do more water changes to get rid of the parasites? Or after you finish course with meds change the water again 100%.
Did you start him on pellets or you still feed with flakes? Do you need advice on what pellets to buy? I have a few kind that i would recommend.

ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #22 
KappaTheImp

As promised, more pictures. Oh, and yes, he's still on flake food for the moment. Afraid I've burned through my fish budget until pay day unless it's a dire emergency.

http://i.imgur.com/UvHqt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6eBmK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HOQbg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uXYYz.jpg

Like I said in an earlier post... I'm not sure what color he's supposed to be, and it seems like he isn't sure either! Outside of photos, he's got a red triangle shape from his head to halfway down his back and the rest of him is purple/blue?

Last edited by KappaTheImp; 03-24-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Whoa! Didn't mean to blow up the page like that!
KappaTheImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #23 
ANHEL123

He looks good. Are you still treating him? Are you treating him with medications or aquarium salt? Is he still has the symptoms that you described before?
How big is his tank? Looks like about .5 gall? If it is you need to do 100% water changes about every 3 days. Especially with flakes they really messy lol Make sure you remove uneaten food so it don't contaminate the water.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #24 
KappaTheImp

Still treating with medication, doing a water change every two days. And yes, the tank I have him in is about half a gallon. I'll be moving him into a 1 gallon planted tank soon. I wanna make sure that he's completely cleared up before I move him into his permanent home. Plus his permanent home is still cycling. :)

He isn't darting around anymore, but the white spots on his head are still there. He's eating much better, I only saw him spit out his flakes once last night.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #25 
callistra

I believe he is in a half gallon right now.. I've seen those critter keepers a lot with the plant.

2 gallon is really minimal for bettas since anything smaller is very difficult to keep clean and heated and if you're doing the gallons per inch rule as well.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #26 
KappaTheImp

Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
I believe he is in a half gallon right now.. I've seen those critter keepers a lot with the plant.
On the nose. Like I said, this isn't his permanent home. His meds call for a 100% water change every two days, and it's much easier to do in this little tank than in the bigger one getting ready for him. Plus the other tank has live plants, and I haven't quite figured out if you even CAN do a 100% water change on it.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #27 
ANHEL123

For his new 1 gall tank you will need to do 1-50% and 1-100% water changes a week :)

But finish with course of medications first and make sure he cleaned from parasites...don't put him in his new home until you are sure...Give the forum update so you have right decision. I would have aquarium salt on hand just in case you will need it.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #28 
KappaTheImp

Just a little update. We switched over to pellet foods last night. He still acts like he's going to spit them back up, but nothing comes out. Anyone have an idea what might be going on in this fish's tummy?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #29 
ANHEL123

Well if he didn't spit out it good. Give him time. You just treated him with medications. It also stress for him. It good that he ate though and didn't spit. Is he still on medications? How is his body looks. Any visual symptoms on the body?

Also be careful don't share anything between your fish.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #30 
KappaTheImp

He seems to be acting normally at this point, but still has some white spots on his head. It looks like some of it might be scarring, does ich leave scars? I also found a mushy ball of brown stuff at the bottom of his tank this afternoon, and I have no idea what it is. I'm sure it isn't an uneaten pellet, because I've been watching him pretty carefully, and it's about four times the size.

I'm not sure how much longer I should continue the medication, it doesn't specify how long I should treat. It's been a week since his first dose, and I don't know if continuing could harm him.