Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #31 
ANHEL123

Not sure about scarring..but don't think so...Does he scratching himself on anything?
treating him for a week , how often you had to give him medications? Sometimes it not every day? I am surprised they didn't specify how long is the treatment for. Usually it supposed to be on instructions.

Can you post a picture?

I really think if they didn't specify and if you gave medications every day and he still have those white spots i would wait for advice may be from someone. But my fear that those white spots can be still parasites. May be change his water again and try aquarium salt like Myates suggested. Aquarium salt is very effective and less stressful then medications. But check instructions again...
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #32 
KappaTheImp

Thanks everyone for your advice and help. I think keeping this fish medicated any longer would be a mistake. He acts totally normal now, I think the rest of the white spots may be either just his natural color or some scar tissue. A week of ich medication should be more than sufficient with the water temperature around 80 to 82, if I'm not entirely mistaken. I've moved him into his permanent home, and he seems to be just as happy as my other precious boy. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, and update if he gets sick again.

And off topic, but I went to petco to buy him a plant today, and oops... I brought home another betta!
KappaTheImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #33 
KappaTheImp

As promised, pictures of my boy. Anyone have ideas about what to name him, now that I'm pretty sure he's going to be with me for a while? I can't very well keep calling him "Walmart" after all. Originally he was going to be "the spy" but it doesn't seem to fit his personality.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #34 
ANHEL123

I am glad you rescue another cute boy. Do you have home for him?
Also just one suggestion don't put them in the same tank until you know that you get rid of ich.Better safe then sorry.
Also just found out myself recently...when you buy plants always quarantine them for 2-3 weeks before you put them in the tank.The plants can also carry disease. Sorry don't want to scare you. But just for next time it good to know....You just put plants in the water NO conditioner and let them stay for 2-3 weeks. If there parasites,velvet it will die because there is no host.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #35 
KappaTheImp

Actually Anhel, this time I brought home a pretty little girl. I've got the tank that Walmart came out of drying out, and the little girl is in another critter keeper at the moment. I'm thinking I'd like to put her in my community tank, but she's a little on the small side, and I don't know how the other fish would react to her just yet.

And oops Thanks for the info about the plants, that hadn't occured to me. D'oh.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #36 
ANHEL123

The boy looks pretty good i hope you got read of parisites :)
Don't know anything about other fish and betta. All my 10 bettas separate. Just please research or wait until someone else will give you advice on what fish will go with betta. I really had bad experience with that. My first betta was in 10 gall with other fish that people at pet store told me will be fine together. Yes there were for first 1-2 weeks then they start chasing each other and nipped fins.
About plants i didn't know that either

Also i am trying to write it on every my post lol I suggest if you have spider plant you can use it for betta tank. I use it for long time.