Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #1 
djembekah

recommended GPH for 29 gallon?

i keep changing my mind about what filter i want, but i guess i should get more information first!

it's either going to be a community tank with a male betta, panda or dwarf cories, and some mid-level swimmers like rasboras or ember tetras, OR a sorority with 6-8 girls, panda or dwarf cories, and potentially rasboras or tetras, but a smaller number than would be in with the solo male betta.

i plan on providing lots of hiding places, safe silk/plastic plants, a few real plants possibly...i am not sure though. i've got 93284398439384 ideas xD
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #2 
thekoimaiden

My ideal filter for that tank would be the AquaClear 30. It's rated for tanks between 10 and 30 gallons. A 29 gal tank doesn't actually hold 29 gallons of water. With decorations, gravel and fish you'll have about 25 gallons of water. Unless you plan to heavily stock the tank, the Aquaclear 30 should be just fine. It's one of the best HOB filters around and has a wonderfully customizable media selection. And it has a flow adjuster.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #3 
kfryman

If you are wanting to have a really nice filter I would recommend the Eheim classic or ecco pro. I found the Ecco Pro at my Petsmart on clarance for $49.99, not bad for the price they retail it for $129.99. For a cheap but amazing filter the Aquaclear 30. I have it in my 15 gallon sorority, well because I like to overfilter. It is not that loud at all.

Side note, if you have a credit card, order it on Amazon, it is like $25 instead of at least $35. Also you can try that Amazon Prime and get 2 day free shipping, just make sure it doesn't automatically get signed up, I did, lots of money. I used it a lot though.

Now I sound like I work for Amazon lol, but seriously, before I buy something in store I check on Amazon on my phone. I have saved so much money by using Amazon.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #4 
djembekah

awesome ^-^
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote