Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #31 
Sena Hansler

Well my job basically sucks. it would be awesome to come home and see a bug-eyed derpy goldie in my tank xDDD I would feel happy right away hahahaha.

btw, how much room do they need? I know each goldie is different. I only have 20s free, my 29 is for my sorority :3 although, s'pose I could move them back to a 20 xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #32 
thekoimaiden

I don't really know about those guys. I can't imagine they are good swimmers, and they shouldn't be with anything but their own breed. You could probably keep 2 in a 29 gal, but they are still goldfish. You'd still be looking at heavy filtration and large water changes. I can't imagine those guys would be good at uprooting plants so heavily planting the tank would greatly help.

I wouldn't even know where to go about finding goldfish like that. They're... so... unique.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #33 
Sena Hansler

I found the Moore ones. and I HAVE SEEN TEH BUBBLE EYE ONE :o so......weird. No as "burst out laughing at it's look" kind...just...weird xD I wouldn't mind a Moore. A Black Moore.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #34 
Luimeril

i had a black moor. she didn't have the bubble eyes, though.

the general rule for fancies is 20 gallons for one. 10 additional for each additional goldfish. you COULD do 2 in a 29, but you'd still need MASSIVE filtration. :V
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:30 PM   #35 
thekoimaiden

Black moors are one of the fancy varieties that can get huge! I've heard of 12+ inch black moors. With all the derpy-ness (lack of dorsal fin and funky eyes) I can't imagine those guys get too large or swim too much, but bigger is always better with goldfish.

For buying one, I'd try to find a breeder. Celestial eye goldfish are really specialized, and I would be hesitant to buy them from a commercial establishment.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #36 
Luimeril

my dream goldies are pearlscales. not the ones with the wen, either(i find wens to be ugly). they're just so fat, derpy, and adorable. they DO have swim bladder issues, though. many fancies seem to. :<
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #37 
thekoimaiden

I'm not really a fan of the wens either, but I can deal with them on redcap orandas and ranchu (because they're just so freakin cute). That would be a cute, fun doodle. They're basically a ball-fish ^-^ Now I wish I could draw

Many of the "swim bladder" issues with fancies actually come from GI problems. Don't get me wrong, they do have deformed swim bladders and this does cause problems. But a lot of problems stem from poor commercial diets. I had floaters before, but switching their diets got rid of it.

So Sena, how is the comic idea coming along? Any new thoughts? I would love to see something like this come to life.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:53 AM   #38 
Sena Hansler

I am going to start it off, actually, as a boy (or her brother or whatever) who buys a betta, and you'll see emotions in the betta (sick, cold, tired, scared, etc) and I'll end up showing one of the most common things: a betta with a goldie in a small bowl. Because 1. totally drawing a goldie now xD and 2. shows transition and change in a betta, when he gets good care (which the story will explain/show how the girl gets him). I'm gonna make the gal a little dorky looking, in a cute, "lil' sister" way
Old 03-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #39 
thekoimaiden

It is sound absolutely adorable! And you can also sneak proper goldfish care into it, too. I'm loving it already. ^-^
Old 03-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #40 
Sena Hansler

I just might. Maybe when I go to work, since I have like...an hour break and two 15 minute breaks I'll "doodle" something up xD