Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #1 
copperarabian

Copper HM King Betta

I tried to pass this boy up, but I've wanted a copper king or giant for such a long time and I knew I would regret it if I didn't. I hadn't been to petco for a month and when I did see him he wasn't very active and looked very unhappy, I'm guessing he's been there for about 2 weeks . I felt bad for him, but new I shouldn't be spending $19 on a fish. I did try not to buy him, I left him there for 3 days in hopes someone else would buy him but when nobody did I decided I couldn't wait any longer. His fins aren't completely filled in yet so I expect him to get a little bigger and once he colors up I bet he'll look spectacular.

The photo's aren't the best, since he isn't feeling too good I didn't want to stress him out taking him out to get better photos. He's not lethargic but is a little clamped and when I let him see a mirror he flared after about 10 seconds very half heartily. Poor guy.

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #2 
lvandert

awwss poor boy...looks like some possibly fin rot on his dorsal. I hope he feels better soon!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #3 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
awwss poor boy...looks like some possibly fin rot on his dorsal. I hope he feels better soon!
Yeah he does have a little bit, it's weird that it's starting as holes rather then on the edges.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #4 
lvandert

I've heard of that. Lots of people post freaking out about pin holes
Old 03-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #5 
Shirleythebetta

Hey Copper, this boy here has positively identified Margaret as a Copper. Her color scheme is layed out identical to this lovely boys. Thanks for helping me out with that. I wish this fella the best.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #6 
bettanova2

The color is just amazing with its metallic copper shimmering on its scales. If I'm not mistaken it is a rare type.
bettanova2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #7 
copperarabian

@Ivandert
I've noticed those threads too, because I had no experience in it I didn't pay them much attention at the time.

@ShirleytheBetta

Your welcome, she's very pretty :)

@Bettanova2
They had been very very rare and expensive in the early 2000's when the coloration became available but are now common. I see coppers pretty often, it's just the luck of finding a copper in the type of betta in the random mix at petco.

When I first started seeing the kings last year(when I first discovered bettas aren't boring fish) they where pretty dull, but now I'm seeing more variety. If you look at the fish on aquabid they come in a large selection of colors, but I don't buy off aquabid so it was up to chance for me :)
Old 03-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #8 
lvandert

He is a pretty boy though. I've seen Kings at my petco for a while but its petsmart I've been leaning towards recently, they have dragon scaled bettas.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #9 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
He is a pretty boy though. I've seen Kings at my petco for a while but its petsmart I've been leaning towards recently, they have dragon scaled bettas.
I sometimes find some really pretty boys at petsmart. I got that black melano rosetail/feather tail, and also the dragon rosetail in my avatar. I tend to like petco fish because they're bigger and often have great looking fins(in my area at least). Petco also carries dragons, they aren't labeled as dragons though.

When I bought my king there was a really cool light copper dragon with black tipped yellow fins. He was so cool, but I was already set on this king :)
Old 03-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #10 
lvandert

Yeah petco doesn't know their selling dragons :P I've found a couple CT boys that I really wanted to get but I refrained from it. It is the only breed I dont have but I'm hoping my wild card breed might have some :P