Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #1 
TheOfficeFish

Le Fish Swag - Healthy looking or NO?!

Wondering if the office fish, named Swag, looks healthy or not!? The girl who bought him left for Ecuador and I am in charge of him now...I know nothing of fish. This has been a great and informative site. Does he look healthy?

ALSO-- I added those little jewels to his tank and he seems to see his reflection more and get angry at it. Is that bad? Also also--he loves the warmer water I changed for him!! I am going to buy a little heater for him hopefully. I have no idea how big the tank is, though.

Brittany

TheOfficeFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #2 
BettaMiah

Yep, he is a bautiful boy, he looks good!
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #3 
Bombalurina

He looks pretty healthy. To keep him that way, make sure you definitely do get a heater! You'll need to find out what size the tank is so that you can get a heater with the correct wattage. :)
You'll also need to do two water changes a week - one 50% change and one 100% change.
I see you have a betta leaf hammock in there - does he have anything else? A plant to play with or a cave to hide in? Bettas are curious fish who really benefit from things to interact with and hide in. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #4 
Wolfboy51

There is a metal rod in the betta hammock! U need to take it out from the hole underneath it, u can make it prodtrude from the hole and pull it out with plires. He looks nice :)
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #5 
Myates

Not all of the hammocks will have the metal protruding.. you can ensure it won't by using aquarium silicone at the tips, or if it does start to protrude.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #6 
Wolfboy51

Sorry i dont think i explained myself properly.
What i meant by prodtruding wasnt the metal itself. I meant the little hole underneath the leaf, if u push the leaf properly u can get the rod out of the hole and yank it out. That way u dont need silicone. (This is only from my experiance).
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote