Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #1 
Pod

My entire Betta collection

Just to start off with a few things;
All the betta's in the small containers/cups are very happy, receive weekly water changes, and constantly produce bubble nest. My newest male is in the cube thing.
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...68662187_n.jpg Since I dont know how to make the images bigger, I'll just link them. This is half of my room, which is the perfect room for them, thanks to the abnormal heat.
If people are curious to see what my betta's look like, I'll gladly post pictures of them.

To be honest, I was scared to post pictures, since I don't wanna be scolded for having them in such tiny tanks. Though, all my betta's are happy and well cared for, receiving 100% water changes weekly, this way I can remove any excess poop that builds up.
Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #2 
mattoboy

Very nice collection! I would love to see pictures of them individually when you have time! Welcome to the forums!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #3 
sparkyjoe

You know, I've kind of come to the conclusion that if I'm getting a betta from the local pet store; one who's been kept in a tiny cup in that (often) cool, filthy blue water, that the little tyke would probably be better off with me. (S)he would be in a warm home, with a nice environment and clean water, rather than die an ugly, slow death at the pet store.

Sure, it would be great if we all had room for 5+ gallon tanks for every one of them, but that's not always realistic. Heck, it would be *fantastic* if every person who bought a betta was gonna keep it in the perfect home, but that's not very realistic either.

I'm new here myself, and new to proper betta care, but at least I'm here to learn. Annnnnd, I'm about to get my 3rd boy. (Yeah, already thinking about where I could possibly put a 4th! Sigh)

I think these little fish must put off some sort of "potato chip" hormone so you can't stop at just one!
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #4 
Pod

I have like, 12 Betta's total.
6 boys
6 girls.

I have two CT males, 2 VT males, 1 HM, 1 DT.
For females I have no idea. I only know that I have 1 true VT female. I think the others are PK mixes. One PK has the traits of both a VT and a CT female, another has CT traits, so. I just call them all females. I'll be sure to get pictures when the females fin's are mostly healed.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #5 
Tikibirds

I would love to see individual pics of them too :D

Have you though of using storage containers for the ones in the cup? They are cheap and come in various sizes. I have 2 living in them myself. Just be sure to poke some holes in the lid so they can get air..

You can also divided a 5 or 10 gallon tank, that way one tank can house 2 or 3 males - and you only need to use one heater (which is a plus when plugs are limited).
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #6 
betta lover1507

1+^ agreed, don't worry all of my betta's are in 1 gals
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #7 
LionCalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pod View Post
Just to start off with a few things;
All the betta's in the small containers/cups are very happy, receive weekly water changes, and constantly produce bubble nest.
Wait... you aren't using the cups as permanent housing, are you? Also, you really need to be doing water changes twice a week on anything under 5 gallons that is not cycled/filtered. I'm sorry to sound blunt, but what I highlighted in bold is very concerning.

Last edited by LionCalie; 03-22-2012 at 04:51 PM.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #8 
Pod

When I do water changes, they get 100% water changes, and this happens at the end of the week.

The cups are not permanent housing, the only fish in there is my VT female, Sam, and shes in the cup as a floater for the larger tank, since she can't play nice with the other girls. She was removed so I can do a 100% water change on the 6 gallon, due to an outbreak of brown algae.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #9 
betta lover1507

you could get a snail or an algea eater, they could help with the algea
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #10 
Pod

I had a CAE, but, it was slaughtered by the current girls in there. And it is a 6 gallon tank, so, I cant get any good algae eaters. I also don't want a high bio-load, so. But, I enjoy cleaning out the tanks and watching my betta's flourish in nice, freshly cleaned water. They love it.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...98199644_n.jpg This is the boy in the cube. He has a split in his tail, but, it kinda looks like he was born with it, since there is no tearing and I got him from a good breeder yesterday.