Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #1 
Frostycat2012

Exclamation Please help diagnose my betta (pictures)

My betta, Flash, has some white patches on his head and does seem to be scraping against the rocks occasionally. He is eating fine and is very active still and fans out his fins constantly. What is wrong with him and what can I do to treat it? He is in a 2.5 gallon aquarium and I have to get a filter and heater when I get the money.
Attached Images

Frostycat2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

I suggest reposting this in the disease section - the people there may be able to help more. :)

One thing I can tell you is that the most effective way to treat an illness on a betta is to keep the water warm. In cold water, their immune systems are depressed and they find it harder to recover and fight off the disease. Don't worry about the filter - make getting a heater your first priority.

Clean water is also a major factor. I would do two 50% and one 100% changes at least per week until he is better.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful in terms of diagnosis.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #3 
Frostycat2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
I suggest reposting this in the disease section - the people there may be able to help more. :)

One thing I can tell you is that the most effective way to treat an illness on a betta is to keep the water warm. In cold water, their immune systems are depressed and they find it harder to recover and fight off the disease. Don't worry about the filter - make getting a heater your first priority.

Clean water is also a major factor. I would do two 50% and one 100% changes at least per week until he is better.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful in terms of diagnosis.
Thank you, I did repost it in the disease section. I will now make the heater the first priority and do the water changes as you say. Thank you for helping. :)

Last edited by Frostycat2012; 03-23-2012 at 12:11 AM. Reason: misspelled a word
Frostycat2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:29 AM   #4 
Sheldon31

I'm not sure what I'm looking at but do you think it might be white spot aka ich? It will look like he's been sprinkled with salt x
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote