Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #1 
MadameDesu

I never thought fish could be "cute"!

Hello all!

Well, as some of you know, I'm new to the world of bettas. I've had Rosie for exactly two weeks today (weekiversary! )
Anyways, now that we've been a pair for a while, I've started to take notice of her behaviors. I'm a college student, so I'm usually all over campus during the day, but she always get so excited to see me when I get back! If I move in front of her tank to find her, she'll see me, quickly move to the front, and start flapping her little pectorals at me in greeting.
Sometimes - get this - she'll open her mouth and bit and then quickly close it. SHE'S GIVING ME KISSES! Okay, well maybe she's just hungry, but I always do a kissy face back at her.
She's on my desk, so another thing she'll do if I'm not paying enough attention is she'll go towards the front and do this wiggly little dance where she moves her head quickly back and forth as she swims down. She likes to pose as well.
My usual response is something along the lines of "Yes, yes, I see you being pretty. Hello, to you too Rosie!"

Well anyways, I'm really enjoying her and I'm so glad I decided to invest in a fish pal.
What are some cute things that YOUR bettas do?

-MadameDesu
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #2 
xjenuhfur

Goblin watches me all the time in my dorm. I caught him last night hiding behind a plant watching me, he thought he could be sneaky hiding behind the red plant and watch me, but I saw him. When he realizes I've caught him he swims like 3 laps around the tank and stares again. I kind of think he's playing hide and seek with me.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #3 
Sheldon31

My mother in law has had her boy for 4 days and every time I sit next to the tank he comes to the glass and watches me for a minute. The inlaws think I'm nuts for talking to him :)
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #4 
Ramble

Ha! I can't help but talk to my two! They swim up to the front of their tanks and throw amusing faces and wiggles until I get out a chopstick or something to play with them. Cuteness!
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #5 
Sheldon31

They haven't even named him! :O I call him Laurie. (After Huw Laurie because he's blue and grumpy looking) :D
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #6 
MadameDesu

UPDATE: Today, for the very first time, Rosie got over her strange fear of my finger and ate some food off it! They're vicious little things when they eat! X3
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote