Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #21 
helms97

Im not a huge goldfish fan, but these just changed my mind!
helms97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:02 AM   #22 
Tamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by helms97 View Post
Im not a huge goldfish fan, but these just changed my mind!
I am not a fan of traditional fancy goldfish at all. They all seem so... sterile? There is nothing that really sets them apart from all the other fancy goldfish out there in my eyes. Pretty but no substance - nothing to get me attached to them.

I do like Ranchu, Pearlscales, and Celestial Eyes though - they have a really unique and cute look. Celestials are very fragile and there is a lot to be careful with as they can't really see well... Ranchu get too big.... So it is these little guys for the family tank.
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:25 AM   #23 
Bombalurina

Tamyu, those pictures are extremely cute! Would you consider letting me use them in a goldfish care pamphlet (all credit to you)? Here's my thread about it. :) http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=97078&page=2
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #24 
Wolfie305

Oh god, I didn't event think about the weight from the tank being on an upper level floor. Would the 55gal in my room, which is upstairs, come crashing through the floor? D:
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #25 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie305 View Post
Oh god, I didn't event think about the weight from the tank being on an upper level floor. Would the 55gal in my room, which is upstairs, come crashing through the floor? D:
While it is something to think about, a 55 gal should be fine in your room. I have mine in my room on the second floor. If you know where the main supports in your room are you could try to place it in line with those.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #26 
Tamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Tamyu, those pictures are extremely cute! Would you consider letting me use them in a goldfish care pamphlet (all credit to you)? Here's my thread about it. :) http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=97078&page=2
You are welcome to if you would be kind enough to mail me one of the pamphlets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
While it is something to think about, a 55 gal should be fine in your room. I have mine in my room on the second floor. If you know where the main supports in your room are you could try to place it in line with those.
I would say that unless your house is very old or has structural issues, a 55 is probably fine. I would still try to make sure it is along a wall and above the main supports. It probably won't go crashing through the floor, but over time it can cause a warping of the floor if there isn't enough support.

I would like to eventually get a very large tank (200+) and plan to take up part of the floor and sit the stand directly on the concrete to make things safer. Nothing to warp or move below the tank. I guess that it may be a bigger issue for me as I have earthquakes to be concerned about.

Last edited by Tamyu; 03-27-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #27 
Bombalurina

Thanks, Tamyu! I'll definitely get you a copy. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote