Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #1 
samual989

hello

Just wanted to say hello! I am starting a breeding program of betta's. I have been keeping fish for 25 years, I am 31 and have two sons that I am currently peaking their interests in fishkeeping and re-vitalizing mine! I have bred many many fish but first time for betta's. My systems will always be simple and cheap because I believe u can achieve the same results. Food and time dedication are my main focus'. I will post picture's as my progress evolve's. Plakats r my staple.
samual989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #2 
Boikazi4o9

Welcome to the forum! Do you have any betta as of right now? And would love to know what kind of fishes do you been breeding? Just curiosity. Haha
Boikazi4o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:55 AM   #3 
Elthy snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by samual989 View Post
Just wanted to say hello! I am starting a breeding program of betta's. I have been keeping fish for 25 years, I am 31 and have two sons that I am currently peaking their interests in fishkeeping and re-vitalizing mine! I have bred many many fish but first time for betta's. My systems will always be simple and cheap because I believe u can achieve the same results. Food and time dedication are my main focus'. I will post picture's as my progress evolve's. Plakats r my staple.
Hello .Welcome to this furom.
I also like fish ,but I never keep them.
Will you give me some photos of your fish?
Elthy snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #4 
Jessicatm137

Welcome!
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #5 
samual989

Ty for the welcome! Well to start off I have bred just about evry apisto known to hobbyist. Rams, kribs, multiple synodontis cats, most corydoras, oscars, jacks, few from lake victoria very rares, atlamps, neolamps, dozens of sp. Peacocks, kuhli loaches, clown loaches, goldfish, koi, few type of killi's, so many tetra's, barbs, I was fixed on rift cichlids for a long time! All with a very small budget. I have found the simpler u take it the simpler it is. Never have used any chemical to control my water perimeters... And pictures will come in time but all on my profile bein it is easier. Havin some trouble finding decent stock for betta's near me! So anyone in michigan, indiana, or ohio let me know!
Old 03-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #6 
hotrod57ts

Welcome
hotrod57ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #7 
PhilipPhish

Welcome to the forum!
I've recently started looking into breeding bettas too! As well as cory cats and plecos.

I'd love to see pictures of all of your fish if you could post some!

Theres a neat little club for betta fish breeders called the IBC.
They have a program and afer your a member for a month, one of their members who breeds bettas will send you a free pair of bettas, you just have to pay shipping.
Heres a link to the IBC website:
http://ibcbettas.org/joomla/en/

several of our members are a part of that club.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts and pictures of your fish!
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #8 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping......

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta adventures and seeing pic.....

Enjoy your stay......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #9 
lvandert

well hello there! Welcome to the forum. I'm trying to breed them myself. I'm on my fourth go and still no success, these guys are tricky. But you seems to have plently of experience in breeding so I'll probably stalk your threads trying to pick up any new info I can
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #10 
samual989

Ivan I have been visiting ur neighborhood since I was 8 my uncle lived out there for a long time "air force"! Love the terrain out there! And btw stalk away I will input on some others posts but I will be stalkin a lot myself! And philip would love to join a more loacalized club or start one myself and do a more personal type club thing. Ex. Swaps dinners hang outs. National clubs aren't much my thing. But ty.