Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #11 
TheDevonFox

I've got him in a 5 gallon tank! And snails just sound interesting, and would be a great help, since I'll be gone for several weeks at a time at different points throughout the summer.

And he really likes his food thus far. It was the pellets most recommend by this sweet girl at the Petco, who said she had betta herself, but I look forward to getting his treats once he's gotten a bit more used to being here. Maybe another week or so :D
TheDevonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #12 
kfryman

I have the same exact problem, though Kei has been with me for 4 months. I feed New Life Spectrum too.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #13 
Sheldon31

I feed Kyon pellets and the tetras flakes as a staple diet, frozen once a week and I fast them every Friday. Is Loki your avatar pic? He's pretty gorgeous!
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #14 
TheDevonFox

Yup, that's him! I got some better pictures of him today, now that he's cool with actually swimming around instead of hiding! He's my little frost giant! :D (At the moment, he's entertaining himself by swimming under the tiny waterfall that the filter causes and it's one of the cutest things I've ever seen! XD)
Old 03-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #15 
Micho

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevonFox View Post
I've got him in a 5 gallon tank! And snails just sound interesting, and would be a great help, since I'll be gone for several weeks at a time at different points throughout the summer.

And he really likes his food thus far. It was the pellets most recommend by this sweet girl at the Petco, who said she had betta herself, but I look forward to getting his treats once he's gotten a bit more used to being here. Maybe another week or so :D
Snails aren't a cleanup crew, shrimps are though.

Snails only eat certain types of algae, and if you run out of algae naturally you have to drop in food for it, whether that be algae wafers or vegetables like cucumber, etc.

So, I wouldn't recommend a snail if you're going to be gone. Snails eat a lot.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #16 
Sheldon31

Cute! He's an amazing pattern!

Is there anyone who can take care of him while you're away? I wouldn't reccomend relying on a clean-up crew for maintaining a tank while away, especially for long spells. I'm getting Cories for my clean up crew, the snail does a job but hes only the size of my little finger so not enough really. He only eats spare flakes too, not pellets. I think it's because flakes have more vegetables in them while the pellets I get are a lot more meat based.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #17 
TheDevonFox

Oh, I'll of course have someone to take care of him while I'm gone! But maybe not as well and with as much concern and care as I have for him, so I just want to have a little extra security in knowing that he'll be alright while I'm gone.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #18 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Sheldon,

How do you feed frozen Daphnia to adult Betta? My Daphnia, as soon as it hits the water, turns into a cloud and dissipates.
Hallyx is online now   Reply With Quote