Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #1 
dman

Divider

I was wondering if it was okay to use a glass divider in a 10 gal tank so i can put two bettas in it? My main concern was, will the animals be stressed out because they'll be seeing each other and flaring at each other all the time?
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #2 
Wolfboy51

U could use perspex (a bendable type of plastic) i cut it so it fit and they couldnt get through, then just drill or cut some holes for water flow. But make sure it goes under the gravel. Also u can get perspex
Which is only semi clear.
Wolfboy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #3 
thekoimaiden

If you use something completely clear, like glass, you should have a lot of plants (real or fake) along the divider to give each male a refuge. Because in constant sight of another male, most males will often get stressed. You should also cut holes in the glass to allow for water flow.

Alternatively a cheaper method is to use craft mesh. I use them in all my divided tanks and never have a problem with males stressing out or water movement.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote