Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

Raise your hadn if your possibly hated by walmart employee's!

Just curious do Walmart employee's cringe when you walk into the fish section? Do they suddenly disappear at the sound of your footsteps?

Do they tell you off snap at you ect?

Tell all here!
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:16 AM   #2 
Sakura8

Haha, not Walmart, but I think my local Petsmart people hate me. I'm always pointing out the dead fish in their tanks and then I make dirty faces when they don't rush to net them out. I mean, really, what bad business practice to leave little fishy corpses in there! Instead, the employees find Windexing the glass of the live cricket container far more important. Pbbtttt! See if I buy a fish from Petsmart! And I know what kills their fish too - they all have roundworm 'cause you can actually see the roundworm sticking out of their little fishy . . . er, butts.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #3 
orphansparrow

haha! i don't think anyone actually works in the fish section of my walmart. seriously, you have to get someone who is busy stocking sodas to help you.

BUT, my petco has at least one employee who probably hates me. you cannot believe the misinformation i have heard them spout to people buying bettas. D= it's truly terrible. i sometimes correct them, and it usually has to be in front of the potential betta buyer. i'm not into making people look stupid in front of their customers, but what are you supposed to do when they answer, in response to the question, "how do i take care of it?"

"oh, you just take 'em home, and put 'em in a little bowl of tap water. you can replace about half of the water every few weeks."

i mean, really.

i have an idea though. i am compiling a list of basic betta info. i will make small little flyers, and stick them in all the betta bowls and tanks at the petstores.

that way maybe people will get some useful info, and be able to care for their fish properly. =(
orphansparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #4 
Luimeril

my walmart hasn't had live fish in years. so, no one was really ever there when they had bettas. x:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #5 
Burd

I don't think my petsmart hates me. I think they think I'm a creeper though.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #6 
Like You

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphansparrow View Post
i have an idea though. i am compiling a list of basic betta info. i will make small little flyers, and stick them in all the betta bowls and tanks at the petstores.

that way maybe people will get some useful info, and be able to care for their fish properly. =(
I might just do this too ;]
Like You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #7 
Arashi Takamine

Well I definietly know my local walmart pet care person hates my guts. She gave me the dirtiest look ever after I complained about the disgusting care.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:19 AM   #8 
Sakura8

Wow, your local Wal-Mart has a pet care person? I think mine is just anyone you can find who will scoop the fish out of the tank for you. Actually, the fish in the tanks at my Wal-Mart look healthier than the fish at my local Petsmart. It's the bettas that always get the bum end of the stick, everywhere. It's not fair that the bettas' natural habitat gets used against them. I mean, just because you can ride a bike doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to get a car. Same thing with a betta. Just because you can live in a tiny cup doesn't mean you shouldn't get a tank to yourself.

OrphanSparrow and Like You, better ask at your local Petcos before leaving little flyers or they might get mad and ban you or overreact some other way. Or you might want to ask if you can give the flyers to the employees so they can be better informed about what to tell customers.

Actually, at my Petsmart, they have little brochures about betta care (and catfish care and goldfish care etc) but no one ever bothers to take them.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #9 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Haha, not Walmart, but I think my local Petsmart people hate me. I'm always pointing out the dead fish in their tanks and then I make dirty faces when they don't rush to net them out. I mean, really, what bad business practice to leave little fishy corpses in there! Instead, the employees find Windexing the glass of the live cricket container far more important. Pbbtttt! See if I buy a fish from Petsmart! And I know what kills their fish too - they all have roundworm 'cause you can actually see the roundworm sticking out of their little fishy . . . er, butts.
Ever since I got into fish (When I got Drax as a prize at my Dormitory back in November (AND HE'S STILL ALIVE)) I have been slowly coaxing my mom to teach her about fish (She's amazed how much I know now from you people telling me stuff.) Then she see's the betta's, gets alittle bummed... then I spot a dead one and she pretty much has a breakdown (she thinks Drax is the cutest fish ever so she's MORTIFIED now by how they are kept in stores)... bottomline... she never comes into the fish section now.

ANYWAY... at my Petsmart there are TWO usual fish people... a guy who actually knows what he's doing... and I respect that... and then there's the weekend girl who probably doesn't know the difference between a plastic plant and a live one. GUESS WHICH ONE I TOY WITH!!!!!!

She's getting on to me now though... last time when I was picking out an Amazon Sword, I heard her trying to 'SELL' a Dora the Explorer bowl... thing... cheap ... death trap... to a small nieve girl and her parents. I listened (While acting as if I couldn't pick between two plants). When she realized I was hovering she gave me a death glare
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:00 AM   #10 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Wow, your local Wal-Mart has a pet care person? I think mine is just anyone you can find who will scoop the fish out of the tank for you. Actually, the fish in the tanks at my Wal-Mart look healthier than the fish at my local Petsmart. It's the bettas that always get the bum end of the stick, everywhere. It's not fair that the bettas' natural habitat gets used against them. I mean, just because you can ride a bike doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to get a car. Same thing with a betta. Just because you can live in a tiny cup doesn't mean you shouldn't get a tank to yourself.

OrphanSparrow and Like You, better ask at your local Petcos before leaving little flyers or they might get mad and ban you or overreact some other way. Or you might want to ask if you can give the flyers to the employees so they can be better informed about what to tell customers.

Actually, at my Petsmart, they have little brochures about betta care (and catfish care and goldfish care etc) but no one ever bothers to take them.
Yes my walmart has a pet care person but she is such a rude woman she went on for nearly three minutes telling me how she worked there three years how she knows all about betta's and how her boss was on vacation and that she didn't have to listen to me how she's so smart and I'm so dumb...

She is LUCKY no one else I knew was there with me...I doubt they would have left the boxes she was stacking alone.

And my BFF just vouched for this. She says she'd knock it right out of her hands and run.