Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #41 
pittipuppylove

Cool! Looks good :)
Let me know how the thermostat works out for you? I've been considering getting one set up for my kids
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #42 
bettafish15

Sure :) It was recommended to me on the cornsnake forum by pretty much all the members :P I can't wait to try it! It went on sale on Amazon if you'd like to see some reviews for yourself,
http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-MTPR...3565733&sr=8-1

But, do you mean that you don't use a thermostat now? Do your temps never get too high or low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
Cool! Looks good :)
Let me know how the thermostat works out for you? I've been considering getting one set up for my kids
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #43 
betta lover1507

i was just watching one of the cutest things ever, my hognose was on my desk awhile i was typing and he cuddles up next to one of my 1 gals which is was Zero's tank, it was so cute. Pursey (my snake) sat there and Zero was just sitting there next to him staring at him.
there doing it again! haha
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #44 
pittipuppylove

Bettafish - Awesome! I don't have one right now, but they do have timers to turn the lights on and off at the same time every day. I've always been pretty anal retentive about checking my temps and I've never kept species that are very picky about fairly minor temp changes (especially since the overall temps in my house stay pretty stable). I pretty much have it down to a seasonal sciance, though. Once the weather starts to go cold for the season, it's time to switch out all the enclosures to larger heat bulbs - one reason I have three light shrouds on the boa enclosure is because if I do it right, I can just unplug one of the heat emitters durring the warm seasons and the temps will be perfect. That and the snakes are pretty good at telling me if they're not comfortable - if they stop eating (and they aren't going into shed or have another reason not to eat) one of the first things I try is up the heat a bit, or if they spend most of the time on one side of the enclosure, it's time to adjust the temps. But with me at college most of the time now, and I obviously can't take all the kids with me to my dorm (though it'd be fun to freak out the boy's floor below me :D ), I've been strongly considering a thermostat both for my peace of mind and so my parents/little sister don't have to check on the temps as much.

Bettalover - Awww... Hoggies are just adorable in anything they do, in my humble oppinion :P
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #45 
betta lover1507

he is very hyper and shy, though he is very friendly. he didn't have any hesitation when my 5 year old cousin was holding pursey, and thanks
also, one of our normals "May" passed away :'( rest in peace little girl. and my brothern (older) traded his king snake for a spider ball python female, i'll take pics later.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #46 
betta lover1507

here are pics of our new spider female "Weba" and Zero my VT boy:

and here was the king snake, the night when they traded her:

\she was a bit mean, tried to eat our kingsnake, and nipped one of our ball pythons