Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #1 
atteb

Help Please ASAP

I have a HMPK male that is not doing well. He is breathing heavy, stays on the bottom. Comes up for air then drops back down.

He did eat the one pellet I gave him earlier this morning. Water is clean and is warm.

I noticed this when I got this male, he seems to breath heavy, would kind of dart around the tank. I cannot loose him I bought this pair for breeding. I am just sick about it.

Color is good, scales are not raised.

Does anyone know what I can do to help him?
atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #2 
mattoboy

Pictures?
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #3 
atteb

Wont need pics, he is not going to make it....

Dam this makes me mad, I now have one very expensive female. This pair was brought in from Thailand. I was told the males do not do well but the females are tough as nails. She is fine, doing well but I really wanted to breed them and was setting up a tank this week for them after I had been conditioning them for the past 2 weeks. Dam dam dam

Old 03-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #4 
mattoboy

Take my advice, go to the store right now. By AQ Salt, and give him some when you get home. Isolate him in something small and do daily water changes on him. Best of luck.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #5 
atteb

As my last post said he has passed on now. I only have the female left and will try to find her a hmpk male sometime soon..
Old 03-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #6 
mattoboy

IM so sorry for your loss! Im sure you can find a nice or even better male on AquaBid!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #7 
Jessicatm137

I'm so sorry.
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #8 
Myates

Sorry for your loss :(

Hard to say what had happened. Do you know how long he was in his bag during shipment, and if the transhipper changed it out? Breathing heavily sometimes can be from ammonia and the nits being high, poisoning is deadly and irreversible for the most part.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #9 
atteb

This pair was bought in early Feb from aquabid. The lady here whom I bought them off of is the one whom bought them from aquabid and 2 weeks ago she decided she did not care for the finnage for what ever reason. Now I know why she sold them to me.....

She knew I wanted white and hmpk as I asked her a while back if she had any of these. So I guess its a buyer beware and I did not have a good feeling from the moment I met her about this pair which is to bad.

The female is lovely, she is beautiful. I did tell this lady today about it all and she is willing to let me add a betta of my choice from aqua bid to her order and all I have to do is pay for the betta and the shipping is free. I don't know if I want to take the chance and do this or work with what I have.

So here it is all help and recommendations greatly appreciated.

1. Order another HMPK white male from Aquabid
2. Mate the HM Opaque with the HMPK female I have. This male is showing some irridencese on the body and fins.
3. Mate my RTPK with the HMPK female

Any suggestions?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #10 
atteb

By the way the boy in my avatar is the HM Opaque I am talking about, he shows a bit more irridecense.