Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #11 
kfryman

I say go for the marble! I like how almost none look the same.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #12 
atteb

Which male would you pair with her for the marble?
atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #13 
KadenJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by atteb View Post
Okay just lost my HMPK white male this morning. I bought this pair 2 weeks ago and very upset with the lady whom I bought them from. So here are my options tell me what you would do.

1. Order another HMPK white male from aquabid for this female

2. Mate her with a HM opaque male, he has irridencese on his body and fins, he is the one in my avatar but with more color now.

3. Mate her with a RTPK royal blue male

I love the PK in particular, white of course is my fav color, this is why I got the pair in the first place. If you can tell me what I would end up with if I paired he with the two I have as far as finnage goes and color that would be great.

Thanks for letting me jump in on your thread.....

You black boy is wonderful, maybe I should go black instead of white....

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that he's passed. Why is it you can't stand this lady? The thing is, if the fish has been in your care for the past two weeks, it was probably either the shipping process that got to the fish, or something in the food/water. What kind of living conditions did the fish have? Do you regularly test the water? Is the temperature at the constant proper level? I'm not asking these things to belittle you at all, I'm just trying to narrow down the reasons why he died. I know its immensely frustrating when you lose a fish. I'm sure you want to do everyhing you can to prevent it from happening again. :-/

1.) You can of course buy another male from Aquabid, but it is expensive and risky. If money isn't a big issue, you can give it another shot. I recommend Korwhord on Aquabid, as well as NiceBettas. They are very friendly and informative.

2.) The opaque with irridencese is a good option for a clean-bodied offspring, and depending on the finnage that could be a plus too. Keep in mind that breeding a fish with in irridencesent wash can sometimes cause a batch of fry with deeper green/blue/red washes as well.

3.) I would not recommend breeding a rosetail in this situation, as it could very possibly produce offspring with many defects such as small ventrals, small bodies, bad scaling and susceptibility to disease. They are pretty, yes, but they are still a very new strain and are very risky. I'd say unless your focused on improving RTs specifically, don't do it.

4.) Of course, you can always keep in touch and get a few of my black/marbles this summer. :D
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #14 
KadenJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
I say go for the marble! I like how almost none look the same.
That's true!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #15 
MrVampire181

Agreed. I have personally had issues with Korwhord (terrible shipment none of the fish lived past a week.... 7 fish dead in a week). I have some whites spawning this week if you can wait :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #16 
atteb

You are all so kind in your offerings but I am from Canada so that does not help me out, but thanks for the thought....

This pair was from Xman bettas. One reason I am having issues with this lady is she has not been upfront and honest from the beginning with me. When I asked where this pair came from she ignored my messages and would not reply. She at first said Korwhord, when I emailed them and they looked back they did not sell any fish to her. So what I did was contact our one and only trans shipper here in Canada and he looked back and said they 100% came from Xman Bettas. So I then let her know and she played dumb about it all. But that was okay at least I knew where they came from and put my mind at ease.

Korwhord has some nice looking fish for sure, sorry to hear MrVampire that you have had issues with them. They are one breeder that is highly recommended to me from many. But I guess its a chance one takes. I do think that these bettas have a really hard time with not only the traveling, handling but also when they do arrive at their final destination and different water etc. Its so hard on them. So I will have to really think about this long and hard.

All my bettas are kept in 1 gal tanks, water temp 78 degrees, water changes often with treated water. I feed a mix of pellet and frozen foods. So I think I am giving them good housing but maybe this guy just could not handle it all and I am so sad today as he was beautiful.

So now, what do I do. I think I will "try" and pair my HM male with the HMPK female and see what I get. I really love the color white and I don't mind working on it if I get some fry with wash and maybe just maybe there will be some nice solid white with no wash....

One last thing, if any of you have time and can go and look on aquabid and see the whites available at the moment and give me any feed back on what you see there and breeders as I don't know them at all that would be really helpful. I would want a HMPK white.

Thank you KadenJames for letting me hijack your thread here for some help. I hope you have some very nice babies from that handsome black.
atteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #17 
Pewmew

I like the first girl :)
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #18 
KadenJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Agreed. I have personally had issues with Korwhord (terrible shipment none of the fish lived past a week.... 7 fish dead in a week). I have some whites spawning this week if you can wait :)
Really?! That is horrible! I'm very surprised, my experiences have always been good. Those darn Thai, playing favorites.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #19 
KadenJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by atteb View Post
You are all so kind in your offerings but I am from Canada so that does not help me out, but thanks for the thought....

This pair was from Xman bettas. One reason I am having issues with this lady is she has not been upfront and honest from the beginning with me. When I asked where this pair came from she ignored my messages and would not reply. She at first said Korwhord, when I emailed them and they looked back they did not sell any fish to her. So what I did was contact our one and only trans shipper here in Canada and he looked back and said they 100% came from Xman Bettas. So I then let her know and she played dumb about it all. But that was okay at least I knew where they came from and put my mind at ease.

Korwhord has some nice looking fish for sure, sorry to hear MrVampire that you have had issues with them. They are one breeder that is highly recommended to me from many. But I guess its a chance one takes. I do think that these bettas have a really hard time with not only the traveling, handling but also when they do arrive at their final destination and different water etc. Its so hard on them. So I will have to really think about this long and hard.

All my bettas are kept in 1 gal tanks, water temp 78 degrees, water changes often with treated water. I feed a mix of pellet and frozen foods. So I think I am giving them good housing but maybe this guy just could not handle it all and I am so sad today as he was beautiful.

So now, what do I do. I think I will "try" and pair my HM male with the HMPK female and see what I get. I really love the color white and I don't mind working on it if I get some fry with wash and maybe just maybe there will be some nice solid white with no wash....

One last thing, if any of you have time and can go and look on aquabid and see the whites available at the moment and give me any feed back on what you see there and breeders as I don't know them at all that would be really helpful. I would want a HMPK white.

Thank you KadenJames for letting me hijack your thread here for some help. I hope you have some very nice babies from that handsome black.

You know, I actually came across the most stunning white doubletail on AB today. It's from the seller Patsayawan, who is pretty trustworthy and has sold nearly a thousand auctions with one iffy review. This DT has nearly PERFECT conformation:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1333020622

O____O
Old 03-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #20 
KadenJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewmew View Post
I like the first girl :)
Thank you!