Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #21 
toydogs

Hey Ivandert! Nice journal! I just came back from Petco in RC and they had a new shipment of baby bettas!!! I was so tempted, but I can't buy any more fishes. :(
toydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #22 
lvandert

Oh I know the feeling.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #23 
DTailskatr

Baby Bettas!!! :D
I not need, but I want! Lol
DTailskatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #24 
lvandert

Fishes: Dizzy is so happy in his new tank that there is a big bubble nest in it. Black Beard still up keeps his bubble nest too, go figure right? Just when I say I'm not going to breed my boys make bubble nests...Everyone else is all good. No new developments really. Everyone is either happy and energetic or happy and energetic.

Human: I had to give a speech today, still shook like a leaf but I think I hid it better. I "seemed" really comfortable in front of the class, psh. Also one of the few people I genuinely hate has showed up on campus. She's not that attractive of a woman but she opens her legs to everyone so she gets around, which makes her feel special. She ruined my last relationship (which I'm happy for cuz know I have my Joey) but she's tried to ruin this one too, which is just going to far... Joey and I came into work last night and she ran up and hugged him (they were friends a long time ago) It took every ounce of self control I had not to punch her right then and there. Then she sat outside the snack shack watching us. It took every other ounce of control I had not to go threaten her about coming near my Joey again. She openly dislikes me and I her but I don't go chasing her bf to make her mad. I'd honestly have not a shred of remorse for beating her to a pulp. Joey told me he's not really friends with her anymore so at least I'm not like bashing a good friend of his. Another thing about her, she has a husband. So not only is she slutting around but she's committing adultery left and right. Seriously? YOU HAVE A HUSBAND! BE WITH HIM!! Here I am just trying to stay with my man and happy, but she's running around with that ring on her finger sleeping with every guy that walks by. I'm surprised someone even proposed to her, I am jealous of that but I know my time will come. Just everything about this woman rubs me the wrong way.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #25 
lvandert

I've been busy lately...

Fish: Everyone is all happy in their homes. Dizzy'z snail died though so I had to throw him out. Luckily I caught him just before he died (was real sluggish and not climbing the sides) so I pushed him over the edge with some clove oil. He's in sail heaven now :P I still have my one baby! He's getting big and fat. Everyone else is all happy and hungry.

Human: Whew what a busy couple of days, and a few angry ones. My teacher wouldn't let me do the make-up lab for chemistry even though I missed a lab and thats what the make-up lab is for >:( Looks like I'm only going to pass once class this semester. Oh and proof my college is so flipping hard; a student (i think sophomore) cracked under the pressure yesterday and threatened to shoot all of us, like Colubine. Cops were called and luckily the got to him before any damage was done but he's looking at a level 5 felony charge. My parents aren't going to be to happy with this year's outcome but what can I say? I'm trying as hard as I can out here...
Old 04-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #26 
lvandert

Fish: Dizzy is getting to be such a big boy! I'll post pics at the bottom. He's built a bubble nest about an inch and a half around and about a half inch tall. I'd say he's reached maturity. He does the little wiggle at any sign of a fish, including his reflection. I can't wait to breed him with Popcorn! They'll have such cute little hmpk dragon scale babies! Luck is getting fat :P but I'm making sure he stays fat and happy. Walter has blown another bubble nest along with Black Beard. Now all I need is Smitty to blow one and then all three boys in the 10 will have one. The two girls are good, no worries or nothing.

Human: My semester is almost over, hell week is this next week and then finals... It doesn't look good for my GPA this semester but I shouldn't end up on academic probation. I've been bustin my butt all semester to get slapped back down, but oh well thats life. Time to go wake up the boyfriend and head out to dinner
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #27 
lvandert

Fish: Everyone is all happy and wiggly. We had a storm roll through last night and I swear my boys are dancing at anything that moves. They're going to get some new tank mates today. I am getting FREE ramshorn snails from this nice lady here in Rapid **insert happy dance**. I have a bit of an algae problem in the 10 gallon so it'll work out well. Considering I also lost a mystery snail a few days ago. Lucky is doing great! Little guy is starting to develop and attitude. I can't wait to give Popcorn and Dizzy a go. Only a few short weeks and I'll start conditioning.

Human: Well my year is coming to an end, its hell week. The last week before finals, projects and papers are all due and I've been super busy with it all. Along with a few last minute tests just to ramp up my nerves. I held my "thanks for helping me move" party, finally! Only two months after the fact. But due to a conflict with on e of my friends a group of them decided not to come. I had 9 lbs or pork loin, a giant bowl of potato salad, cream cheese wontons, miso soup and apple crisp. We ended up inviting a good friend of ours just to help eat the food! It ended up only being 6 of us, I was planing on like 9 or 10 but meh, there was tons of food! And I wouldn't have done it any other way. We all got along so well and didn't stop laughing. Joey go a bit drunk, which was good for him he needed a stress reliever. Over all a giant success, except now I'm minus a few friends. Which I should be more upset at but I'm not. They complained about having to help us move when they offered to help. Ug just rediculousness. Hence the reason I'm not to upset about loosing them, it seems they weren't the best friends in the first place.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #28 
dramaqueen
Banned

I love the last pic. He's beautiful!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #29 
lvandert

Thanks Drama!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #30 
lvandert

Once again it's been a while.

Fish: Popcorn and Dizzy are being introduced in the spawning tank. They've been conditioned on mosquito larva and pellets/flakes. They are super wiggley and Dizz has built his normal massive bubble nest. Popcorn has taken quite a liking to him as well, she tries to follow him through the breeder :P Velvet got moved out of the spawning tank and into Popcorn's old tank, which is smaller but she seems to like it. I swear that tank is almost self sustaining. For its size it has a ton of live plants but my girls love it. I did an experiment with just snails in that tank and two weeks later, after no water change, the water had no ammonia, or filmy substance on the top. I was really surprised. Walter, Black Beard and Smitty are all happy, each have a bubble nest. I think Patrick is finally getting old. He's gone from a really active fish to a lazy lounging fish. He even looks a bit old. Health wise he's fine so I know its just age catching up to him.

Human: Hell Week and finals week are now over!!! I can have a life again!! lol I didn't pass every class, infact I only passed one, unless a teacher curves something. But what ever the insanity is gone!! I can actually play black opps without having to stay up late doing hmwk because of it. The sad part is work wont start up again until june but then again I'm looking forward to a boring month. Joey took me to the lake in town (I had never actually been because we were so busy) and we had a blast. We walked around, fed geese, followed a river and then crossed it a ways down lol. We got a little wet but the water was so cold your feet hurt more from the cold than rocks... Then on our way back we saw tons of rainbow trout, and now i'm bound a dn determined to get my fishing license and catch me some fish, mmmmm. It ended up raining on us but we didn't care, we still just walked by the river. Our friend Skyler is moving in for the summer. We took him in last summer so we're going to do it again. It's so nice to have nothing to do for once!