Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #31 
lvandert

Fish: Babies are doing good. I put Dizzy in the cleaned out 20 gal, he seems a bit sad but he also seems to know that I'm taking good care of them. Everyone else is all happy. Really nothing new to report outside of the babies.

Human: Well now that school is out and I've been temporary laid off from work the BF and I have done some pretty awesome things. We've gone to the lake and watched the trout in the river, went to a different park and walked the same river. Found a few awesome shots to sit and maybe take some photos together. We've met up with a friend we haven't seen in a while and tomorrow we're going garage sale-ing for some cheap lawn chairs, and possibly some other cheap things :P We're getting the house pulled together and getting everything cleaned up. I'm getting my passport from my mom and I'm going to switch my residency to SD this month. A) I'll get cheaper schooling and B) I'll be able to get a fishing license for cheap.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #32 
lvandert

Fish: babies are good, and everyone else is good, except Black Beard... I put a small algae wafer in his portion because thats where my snails are, and well he munched it until he was bloated beyond all help. He's not dead, yet but I fear he might die. Saddly there isn't much I can do. I've already taken the wafer out but I fear it's still expanding in his stomach...grrr

Human: I've been busy trying to get things cleaned around this place, kinda hard when you live with two guys...lol but I love one of them and the other is a super good friend, who i love just to a lesser extent...lol I'm hopefully going to be a South Dakota resident here next week and then I'm getting my fishing license and going fishing!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #33 
lvandert

Fish: Everyone there is all good, missing some babies but hoping their just hiding in the java moss. Black Beard finally isn't bloated anymore. I fasted him two whole days so needless to say he's a bit angry with me. Patrick is getting progressively lazier, I think my boy is getting old. There are times he's perfectly still, doesn't even look like he's breathing, but he moves when you do lol.

Human: Well some disturbing things have come up with our summer roomie but there is a different thread for that. I get my South Dakota drivers licence tomorrow along with a fishing licence. I'll be at the river catching trout in no time.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #34 
lvandert

Well I haven't posted in a while but thats because nothing out of the normal was happening.

Fish: Everyone is good and I have 3 little fry getting big and strong.

Human: Now this is where that gets interesting. My friend is cat sitting. Now this cat is 15 years old and diabetic, like needing two insulin shots a day. So she gave him his shot and food last night and went to bed. Well the cat never ate the food and sent himself into a diabetic coma, great thing to wake up to at like 4 in the morning. She sat with him and tried to get him to drink some sprite. She called the vet at 8 am and had her make an emergency house call. Now the vet knows this cat and knows the owner is in Ireland for a month. She checked his blood and confirmed the low blood sugar. Well when she left the cat was still in coma but he might make it out.
The vet gave him a 30% chance to live through the night if only because his age. We went over about 6 hours later and sat with her for another 4 hours. In that time the cat started seizing. Unfortunately once they start to seize, while in a diabetic coma their pretty much gone.
Now I feel terrible for my friend because it was the first night she was there. But she is a vet tech so she does know what she is doing, thank god. Yet another unfortunate thing is the owner has yet to even get off the plane to Ireland, and we're not really expecting the cat to make it through the night. Last I heard he was still seizing every 15 mins or so, poor kitty.
I talked to my sister (vet tech for 8 years) who advised us to give him sugar water, lemonade with extra sugar or something good and sweet to try to pull him out. Even if it wont work we have to try to at least get him to make it until she gets off the plane...
Old 06-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #35 
lvandert

PS. went fishing last week. Did pretty dang good if you ask me. My bf caught the biggest one. He's pretty proud of himself considering it was his first "eat-able" fish he's ever caught lol
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #36 
lvandert

well another crappy day when will this end?!

Fish: surprisingly their all good, knock on wood.

Human: My bf went to leave for work at a quarter to 7 but never actually got to leave. He came back into the house and told me that his car window had been bashed in. I walked outside and sure enough it looks like someone took a crow bar to the front window about 5 times. Go figure. Yesterday I dropped a cup of coffee onto my lap top and now I'm waiting until monday to get it replaced by school, thank god that was a schools computer! Also in the process of spilling my coffee I took out my last xbox mic. I'm just not having a good week. Yet I still keep my chin up and find the little smiles throughout the day. It also helps when you have lots of liquor.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #37 
lvandert

fish: Everyone's all happy about the warm weather and water changes have become a breeze!

human: Things are looking up. As of yesterday I got a new laptop from school, I got into a waitlisted class I need for next fall, Joey got the week of the fourth of July off so we can go to my families place, we got work off, we got invited to our neighbors wedding in 11 days, our window should be fixed today (safelight guy better show up...), I found a bunny cage for 50 bucks that is the size I want, my mom found a pet carrier for me and I'm back at work. Finally!! Normality!!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:15 AM   #38 
Aus

Hi Ivandert! I envy your warm weather! I'm experiencing my first winter with bettas, and yes, water changes have become a lot quicker these days.. How big are the babies now?

I love the fish in your avatar - that's Dizzy, right? He makes me want a dragon scale.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #39 
lvandert

lol my babies are 4 1/2 weeks now. They'll be 5 weeks on sunday. Yeah thats my Dizzy. I actually picked him up malnourished and sick from a local petsmart. I got a discount on him so thats why he's named Dizzy. I'll attach a pic at the bottom of when I first got him.

You know your the second person to recently say they liked my avatar lol. I guess I did something right when I took that picture lol
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #40 
Aus

Haha - Diz-count fish! I love it. And wow.. what a difference between that pic and your avatar. Amazing what a little loving care can do. :)

He's lovely, well done there. And I'd like to see some fry pics!
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote