Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #1 
Bombalurina

I need your pictures! Time to show off!

Hi guys

A long time ago I started to make a betta pamphlet, and a recent thread has inspired me to get my act together and finish it. It is currently filled with some lovely betta photos from another forum, but since I no longer visit that forum I feel it would be dishonest to use their photos.

As such, I would really, really love some photos from you guys. :) I need them to be clear and not fuzzy or out of focus. Specifically, I am looking for photos for these categories:

Front page (3 photos):
I need photos of beautiful, healthy bettas, preferably close-ups. These can be showing off finnage or their gorgeous faces, flared or non-flared. They can show the whole betta or just their faces. Any tail type or gender. :)

First page - About bettas (2 photos):
Again, I need close-ups of healthy bettas, preferably a veiltail and a crowntail as these are the most commonly available forms here. :) Other tail-types welcome, of course, but I feel veils and CTs don't get enough credit for their beauty!

Third page - Tank set-up (1 photo):
I need this to be a picture of someone's tank. It can be as basic or as complex as you like, preferably a betta-only tank as that's the set-up I am trying to show-case in this section. My only requirements are that it is larger than a gallon, has a heater and a thermometer and somewhere for the betta to hide or play. :)

Fourth page - the nitrogen cycle (1 photo):
A picture of a betta, or a picture of a tank. Any gender or tail-type, but I feel this may be a good place to showcase a pretty girl. :) Same tank requirements apply as above!

Back page - Care at a glance (two photos):
What I would particularly love for this section is one photo of a community tank with either a male or a female, and one of a successful sorority. I may use my own, but I'm no photographer so others will probably be better! :)

So, post your pictures in a way that I can either save them or copy and paste them and let me know how you would like to be credited (real name or forum name or something else entirely). If you'd like to give a little bit of tank detail (size, decor etc) please feel free. :) Also let me know which page (if any) you intend it for. :)
If you would like me to send you a copy of the finished product, PM me an email address and I will email it to you (it's a Microsoft Publisher document from a Vista system, so I use Office 2007, I think). Let me know if you would like me to change the measurements from Australian metric to US or UK Imperial.

I'll let you know which pictures I choose and will post the substantive text here for people to comment on! :)

Thanks to anyone who contributes! :)

P.S. I'll be making one for goldfish, too, so keep an eye out for a goldfish picture thread!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #2 
Karebear13

Crowntail! here is Rufio

Credit: Karen Herrera
Attached Images

Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #3 
djembekah

I don't have a good picture of my VTs, but i would love to see the end product! sounds super awesome :3
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #4 
sparkyjoe

I personally love the Plakats and the Double Tails, I don't think they get the recognition of many of the other types.

So here's my boys.
Attached Images

sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #5 
Pitluvs

You know you're welcome to any of mine! If you need larger photos, just message me and let me know and I'll send you the full copy :) If you use any, Pitluvs is fine. I think my photo of Monkey would look pretty nice!

PItluvs Bettas
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #6 
Silverfang

Sorority shot!
... don't know how good it is, but here you go

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1332121529

And one very happy, healthy VT boy
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1331070950

Oh shucks, here's my spunky and mean VT girl (sorry pit! your niece is a meanie!)
http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/r...g?t=1322360021
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #7 
phoenix91

This is my VT girl, Artemis! She's super cute and loves my cats.

Name:  artemis.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  33.1 KB
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #8 
bettasusa

Here may be a few photos you'd like to use. Pages (Any you wish) Credit (BettasUSA)

(Same as above just flipped) If you need full sized images just let me know. I can send them to you via email.
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #9 
Karebear13

^^ wow pretty vt!!! good photography
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #10 
mcturtle

mcturtle is offline   Reply With Quote