Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #1 
bettalover06

Post My Boys are now finally on 10G tank, but my REd betta is acting strange!!

I finally got my two male Betta's on 10G tank. The tank has heater, water filter, and light with hood. I know that they normal take awhile before they adjust to their new surroundings, my concern is, my red Betta seems to be hanging aroud tight area I'm not sure why this is?? also worried since he seems to be haging around the bottom of the water heater. As of right now I don't have it on since I'm trying to hit the right temp. 70-80. and its about 84 right now. How will I get him to stay away from it, since when I do turn it on I don't want him to be hurt. Plus he hasn't been eating right since the water filter sway it away his before he gets a chance to eat it. Any suggestions?? How do I feed them with a water filter running, or should I just turn it off when I'm feeding them that way they can eat normally without having to chase after the food.
bettalover06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #2 
ZergyMonster

If you're going to use a filter it is best that you baffle it so that the water is close to motionless. Here is a step by step guide on how to baffle a filter of you can also do what other members have done by using Styrofoam cups, cut-to-fit filter media, or even aquarium sponges.

Also most heaters have a safety mechanism that prevents it from turning on when the temperature that it is set to is reached, so you can turn on your heater with no worries. If it is adjustable be sure that you have it set to at least 78 degrees and below 85.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote